Author Topic: AP:Iraqi Artillery Shells with WMDs Found  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
AP:Iraqi Artillery Shells with WMDs Found
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2004, 01:44:03 PM »
Originally posted by ra
I'd hate to see the bug that would require a 155mm shell full of sarin.  Maybe Saddam was expecting an attack from Mothra.

:rofl :lol  good one!  Wish I thought of it

well, we lost nearly 800 soldiers, who knows how many mercs, and we found one 155M shell.

Mission Accomplished (again) :rolleyes:

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2004, 01:45:36 PM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
Ok, so we finally agree. Iraq had WMDs.

You have denied it, GS has denied it, Duedel has denied it, Blitz denied it, in fact most of the anti-war crowd has denied that Iraq had WMDs.

Now that they are found, the message has been transformed to "ok, so they had SOME, but that STILL doesnt count".

If the US forces found an Iraqi B-29 on a runway, fueled and ready with engines warming up and a nuclear bomb named "FAT MAN" in the bomb bay, AND a flight plan to New York, you guys would still say But you said weapons of mass destruction, what you have found is one weapon.

Frankly I think you anti war types are idiots.

You are mistaken....i have never said that iraq hasnt had WMD's......if you can track down even a single post to that effect i will salute you and forever shut up!

Your constant ranting and namecalling says it all...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 01:47:42 PM by Nilsen »

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2004, 01:54:39 PM »
Just read about that Toad.   Which apparantly would also make that an old, pre-GW1 shell - a leftover from the Iraq-Iran war.

As to why it was still around we'll all have to wait to see if they find more.  If there are more then perhaps a hidden or abandoned cache will have been finally discovered.   If not then perhaps it was an unlabelled shell found amongst others and those who set off the IED had no idea what it was they were using.

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2004, 02:00:24 PM »
Originally posted by StabbyTheIcePic
MSNBC: U.S.: Roadside bomb contained sarin gas
CNN: Artillery round in Iraq emits sarin gas, U.S. military says
FOX News: Chemical Weapons Found in Iraq
BBC News: 'Nerve gas bomb' explodes in Iraq
ABC News: Bomb Containing Nerve Agent Sarin Explodes in Iraq

In my opinion, one of the above headlines is more misleading than the others.

Yea it would be misleading to call the CNN quote a headline considering it isnt even on their front page.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2004, 02:05:02 PM »
Which are good reasons to treat CNN and Foxnews as  "The National Enquirer" and "The Globe."    Both are  garbage.

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2004, 02:36:29 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
I think the problem here is the left expects to find a huge cache of WMD. That won't happen. Alittle here, alittle there, no sensationlized reporting (as I pointed out in the copy/pasted article above) and what you have is a country that did possess them, but they were not found in single spot, or a majority of them have yet to be discovered. After all, how hard is it to hide these weapons in a country the side of California?

Then the Iraqis have to be careful:

"Do not fart, Mohammed! Ripsnort is looking at us."

:rofl

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2004, 02:52:48 PM »
iHow many WMD are required to fulfil the requirments?

If a nuke is found does it have a minimum size requirement?

biologic have a certain minimum death caused by requirement?

I mean come on everytime the case is proved it's another excuse or "well thats NOT the massive horde we was promised"
or it not enough to kill but half a city.

Im just looking for the figures of how many we gotta find to please the anti-war establishment.
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2004, 02:56:47 PM »
It may or may not be a pre-GW1 shell. Don't know, haven't bothered to read much at this early stage of reporting.

However, binaries are not necessarily "old technology" if that's what you're getting at. The binary method works and is still in use.

Yeah, either the users had no clue it was Sarin, or they did know but didn't know how a binary works or they knew it was Sarin and how it works but chose this way for some other reason, or........

It could have been a single round that rolled off a truck in the desert in '90 or it could have been part of a cleverly hidden stockpile or it might have been mixed in with others or it might have been............

Lot's of "what ifs" not much real info as yet. In a week or two there might be some real data. Or not.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2004, 04:27:35 PM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
Frankly I think you anti war types are idiots.

Maybe so, but our country's history in actually going to war has paid our admission fee....:D What doe you know about war-anti-war? The view must be really good from the cheap seats.

http://www.learnaboutmovieposters.com/WW2/articles/AlliesandAxis.asp

Next time you want to criticize, pay the friggin cover charge:D

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2004, 04:38:08 PM »
I find pretty ironic to see some pretend it's a the proof of the presence of WMD in Iraq when :

U.S. officials believe, based on evidence, that the shell was an experimental munition produced before the 1991 Gulf War (news - web sites), called a "binary type," the official said.

as seen here : http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=6&u=/ap/20040517/ap_on_re_mi_ea/us_iraq_sarin_3

and so far I agree with this :
At the State Department, deputy spokesman Adam Ereli said "the jury is still out" on whether chemical or other weapons of mass destruction remained in Iraq.

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2004, 04:55:22 PM »
Originally posted by Red Tail 444
:rofl :lol  good one!  Wish I thought of it

well, we lost nearly 800 soldiers, who knows how many mercs, and we found one 155M shell.

Mission Accomplished (again) :rolleyes:

Lets see, how should I start?

1. Iraqi stated they had no WMD. none nada, zip... remember?

2. The UN looked and looked and looked some more.. and found none.

3. We have been looking for over a year and have found NONE, yet, as we found out today the discovery of two differant types of warheads.

4. I guess that all they have right, there could be no others hidden right?

So in review, the Iraqi milatary only had two old shells laying around and now there is no others, right?

I said it before "they had no reason to get rid of them before and they did'nt"  It seems they were rather well hidden, but you can bet your A22 there are plenty more.

Only a twit would think other wise:D

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2004, 04:58:04 PM »
Uh, Westy, Sarin was discovered and developed as a pesticide, but it is not, and has never been used for that purpose.

Offline Aakkenau

• Zinc Member
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2004, 05:10:55 PM »
Around february 2003 Blix concluded that Iraq could not explain where some very small portions of sarin and VX are. They said that they are lost... and now they are propably been found somewhere from burried stockpiles...

But are few, even few hundred, old artillery shells really threat to world peace??? You really can't get 155mm shell any further than just over the border. Imminent threat... gimme a break.

Btw does anyone have idea how fast sarin comes harmless? VX at least will be totally harmless after around 6 or so years. If these findings were from iraq-iran war, they are propably pretty much useless anyway. And in small quantities it is totally harmless don't you agree? otherwise pentagon would not use it against it own troops ... http://www.rense.com/general31/prenta.htm :confused:

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2004, 05:48:18 PM »
"Sarin is also a pesticide.  "

Yes it is and pesticides are chemicals used to create chemical weapons.  

Why dont you just spin it this way....."it does say in the bible that babylon will be attacked by a plauge of locusts"

I'm hearing alot of CRAP in this thread.  IT IS A PROVEN FACT that Iraq had a very active WMD program.....THAT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.  I look at it this way.....if they had a program they were making the weapons.

"this is a pre 91 shell"

that is no defense cause acording to alot of you Iraq got rid of ALL its chemical weapons.

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2004, 06:33:53 PM »
Originally posted by Westy

If they can trace this one shell back to a significant hidden storage cahce then I'll be the first to say I was wrong.  

Well I guess they might have made just this one LOL:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 10:41:14 PM by txmx »