Author Topic: 190A's assymetrical wings???  (Read 480 times)

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
190A's assymetrical wings???
« on: May 21, 2004, 05:52:48 AM »
I am currently working of a FW 190A-5 (JG 54 Nowotny)

While creating my panel lines / rivets I noticed there’s is something odd about the left wing on the 190A8B.bmp (the a5 and A8 share this bmp).

The left wing appears to be both narrower and shorter then the right, at least in relation to how the texture gets mapped.

The image above is the easiest to see.

I know the obvious thing to look at is that I don’t have the rivets / panel lines on the left wing placed properly. That’s was my first thought. However you can see the same on Kweassa's Jg2 A5 and the default AH2 A5.

If I move the lines / rivets forward those lines rivets along the leading edge get cut off. In fact they are cut off already:

1st the right wing:

No problems here:

The left

See how in the circled area the panel line gets cropped. This is in addition to the first pick where I circled the rear area.

So my conclusion is the left wing is to narrow.

It is also too short

The default wing shows this clearly. The left wing tip is cut off in addition to being moved closer in toward the fuselage.

I maybe able to force a fix by resizing my rivets panel lines on the leftwing to 95 or 97% the size of the right but it still will look incorrect.

Since the A8 has this same issue I thought I would bring it up. I am so happy with the g6 fixes I hate to come off like an ingrate. Hell I don’t even like the A series 190s. However, should you find the time could you please look into it.

TIA

ps The MG17 cowl looks pretty poor compared to the d9. It’s basically completely flat with no curvature at all.

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 10:14:14 AM »
it's not the shape of the model, it's the maping of the texture...... that's a very old model, so when it gets updated, that will get fixed.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 11:22:48 AM »
Originally posted by NATEDOG
it's not the shape of the model, it's the maping of the texture...... that's a very old model, so when it gets updated, that will get fixed.

And you just better make sure there's exactly 137 rivets on that wing fillet mister! Or there'll be hell to pay!!:D

Drano
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 01:33:17 PM »
sorry, my resources tell me it's 138 rivets.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 01:39:59 PM »
uhh - 128 rivets -

and 16 screws....
:D