Author Topic: Aircraft that I am thankful that AH has  (Read 778 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Aircraft that I am thankful that AH has
« on: August 20, 2001, 07:22:00 PM »
There are a number of aircraft that I am particularly appriciative to have in AH.

The Avro Lancaster.  I have long thought that the B-17 and Lancaster would make a great pair in this kind of game.  Giving the player the choice between heavy firepower and a heavy bombload.  I was very happy to see the Lancaster added as the 2nd heavy bomber.

The Russian aircraft.  Russian aircraft were poor step-children in WB, in AH they are actually getting some of the attention that they deserve.  The VVS was one of the major airforces in WWII and it is good to have their aircraft modeled.  I may not fly many Russian aircraft, I am very glad that they are in AH.

The Bf109G-2: I love the fact that we have an aircraft in Finnish colors.

The N1K2-J Shiden-Kai: I am highly amused that a Japanese aircraft is the most popular in the MA.  I am glad that a competitive late war Japanese fighter has been modeled as Japan didn't have many.  I also like the IJN more than the IJA  :p.

I thought it would be nice to mention the aircraft that I am glad are in AH in order to show that I have good things to say as well.

Thanks HTC.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2001, 10:54:00 PM »
Karnak-

Always appreciate your viewpoint, even when I don't agree with it. You are eloquent and well-considered. No probs here.

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2001, 01:09:00 AM »
I am thankful to have any and all of the well modeled aircraft in AH. Like nearly everyone else, I can whine about particular problems with certain aircraft, but they are just minor nitpicks compared to the overall greatness of this sim. Name a sim that has both more diversity (in aircraft types and nationalities) and very detailed flight models as close to reality as possible given the limits of computers and the information available.

All of the WWII planes I had models of as a kid are already here and all of the WWII planes I have models of now will eventually be here (most of them are already here). I am in flight sim heaven with this game.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2001, 01:19:00 AM »
There certainly are planes I am thankful AH has, but I won't tell - it would rob my of my whining privileges  ;).

-------------------
Vati is a whine whiner !

Offline FDisk

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2001, 03:14:00 AM »
Like nearly everyone else, I can whine about particular problems with certain aircraft, but they are just minor nitpicks compared to the overall greatness of this sim.  

I've got a split opionion on this one.

1. God is in the details. Some people are purists and need the 100% realiam. They will squeak even if the bullets drop too low at 700m.

2. If the game had any major faults they would be complaining about them. I mean, have you looked at wwii-online? 15,000 posts and 90% are CTD, CLTH and how messed the flight model is.

--FDisk

Glad to of woken up and realized that WWIIOL is a piece of crap.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2001, 05:24:00 AM »
Originally posted by Hristo:
There certainly are planes I am thankful AH has, but I won't tell - it would rob my of my whining privileges   ;).

-------------------
Vati is a whine whiner !

You can admit it hristo, You love the JUG!~! I know its true, I love it too :)
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011