Author Topic: B34 bugs  (Read 276 times)

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
B34 bugs
« on: May 22, 2004, 05:13:20 AM »
Ostwind and LVT gun positions cause instant CTD when selected. Haven't tested other vehicles for this.

Z-buffer is getting worse (if that's possible). Now the runways have an odd overlay texture glitch that looks like stripes. Plus runways, ramps, and taxiways are vanishing. Since this problem exists only with terrain objects (V-bases, strat, fields) and not with aircraft, it must be an isolated problem. In Betas before B30 this did not happen. Would it be possible to revert back to the B25 method of Z-buff handling? That only caused the tree shadows and some building textures to flicker, not entire airfields. As it stands now AH2 is barely flyable. Half the time you can't see a ground target because the underlying texture overlaps it, or the underlying texture disappears completely. Trying to land is also a pain since chunks of the runway are vanishing at random.

P-40E drop tank flickers when viewed head-on through the prop blur. Also, the canopy rails just ahead of the cockpit flicker when viewed from dead ahead.

P-40B artwork flickers constantly. Suggest applying the texture details (mouth, eyes, kills, etc...) directly to the skin instead of making them part of the model.

Changing the Video options and hitting OK causes a white screen while the game hangs. Hitting the Windoze key is the only way to wake it up.

900MHz AMD
256mb PC2100 DDR
Radeon 9200 128mb Cat 4.3 Dx9b
Win98SE
Sb PCI128
Via 4.43

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta Six's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
B34 bugs
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 03:32:56 PM »
A24 has a bumpy runway heading SW

Me-262 has a serious engine woe. First, taking off from A5 I lost the right engine for no apparent reason. It just quit as if I'd struck it on the runway, which I hadn't. Had the same thing happen in a 234 as well. Though in the 234's case it was caused by banging the left engine into the runway thanks to the bug listed below.

I'm REALLY getting sick of combat trim being activated on all aircraft!!! It's pre-trimming the aircraft before flight even if you have the blasted thing turned off. Further, the trim inputs are going the wrong-fraggin-way; which makes taking off in any jet impossible. Getting a prop-job airborne requires re-trimming the aircraft on all three axiis before you start the takeoff roll. Every single aircraft in AH suffers from this currently, and has been since Beta 13. Needless to say, it's highly frustrating! Either fix the stinkin bug or make combat trim pre-trim all the aircraft correctly before flight.

AH2 beta CTD on me while trying to select the SBD #2 gun. After restart, it said I didn't have hardware T&L. Restarted a third time and it asked what video settings to use, and proceeded to reset all my display and video settings to defaults. No, I haven't deleted the video8.cfg file at any time.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta Six's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High