Author Topic: Operation "end this week early"  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Operation "end this week early"
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2004, 04:09:33 PM »
I started this thread, so its my fault. Upon further reflection, I was being a craybaby and I am going to follow my own advice and just "shut up and fly". You will hear no further whines comming from me.

storch

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2004, 06:08:50 PM »
Ya you craybaby quit starting girly type threads already.  Go get a hog fly it at 200mph and no higher than 200 ft then PM me with your position, do this 25 times today and all will be forgiven.

(after you say your Our Fathers and Hail Marys of course)  Kids these day waddaya gonna do?

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2004, 06:28:33 PM »
First and foremost I have to say to Storch, your attitude of late is commendable.

Although I like this setup and very much enjoy the PTO, I can find no fault in someone stating their opinion of dislike.  It is afterall their opinion and find more fault in the person that tries to steer them down a road of "righteousness".  

As for controlling the fleets, Hawk pays his $15 just like the brown water admirals and keeps it within the game "rules". So to find fault with him is just plain wrong.  If you think it is bad gameplay or unethical, I suggest contacting HTC and seeing that the game itself is changed.  I don't support what he did, but I can see what he was trying to do.

Lastly I would like to throw my full support behind this statement by Slash27

"I say no more SKull until he learns to fight."
:)

Vote Bug :aok
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2004, 07:41:13 PM »
2851 it was like this:
First I was glad to see the PTO come back. If you recall, my squad has yet to fly the F4U in the CT since we started VFM-312...you know, when lowe went back axis...yes, that long ago. Now that it is here, it sucks. Not the map, nor not really the plane set but the people who dont like it and F!@# it up for those of us who do. The PTO is very different from the ETO but us blue plane dweebs like it. You guys can run and B&Z all day long in your 190s and turnfight in your 109Fs but we get yelled at about the F4U, so much that we cant even have the F4U-4. 90% of the time, in the ETO, the axis have the fastest planes. IN the Finrus map, if we arnt getting out turned by the FM2, we are getting B&Zed to death by 109s. The the Isreal map, its not bad but eventualy we get the same from teh SpitXIV. Also in the ETO maps its always a furball mid chanel. You guys even b1tch about the fleet ack in there. When its gone, you pork and vulch at A12. To top it all off, we have to deal with the N1K2J in the PTOs. Sure I understand no one wants to fly zekes vs F4Us but the A6M5 is ubber enough. I have to blow my energy just to get a decent enough shot to kill it. If I miss, which I do a lot, then I am to slow to do anything. Anything else (even good solid snap shots, just causes a fuel leak. The damn thing should blow up. remember, no self sealing fuel tanks. Gas fumes+tracers= big f!@#$ explosion. Also, two pings from the Zeros cannons, and of course the 20mm of the N1K2J AND THE DAMN Ki-67, and we go down quick! SECOND: The Theme was Operation Iceberg but yet we cant do anything because the ships get blown out of the water when we get them close enough to invade. But then we get yelled at for beaching the fleets. We have to in order to level the fields for invasion, THE WHOE F@#$ REASON FOR THE THEME. Anyway, screw the theme now. Lets move on. OK, the next b1tch was the flack. So, with my rank, I pulled the fleets back to allow the axis to fly and enjoy. Now I get yelled at for hording the fleets by,  yes you guessd it, the axis players. Funny though, never herd anything complaining last night about fleet ack!!!! Well, the F4U CVs do better when stationed where I had them. We can depart, with cover, and climb to the fight and actually have a place to land without getting vulched.

Anyway....again.....I am tired. The CT is nothing but a furball arena. A glorified Dualing Arena.

Furthermore, Storch, I personally have stoped all of Jg3 by myself, countless number of times, from capturing bases. And then again with squads while I scouted off on my own and killed you sole C-47. Hell, even lowe will back me on that one. We were screwing around last night, nothing serious.

I am very tired of US, INCLUDING MYSELF, acting like children. Its not worth it. I find myself missing out on family things by trying to organize shi1t that no body cares about. YOu guys are worse than a bunch of danm woman. As you can see, its time for me to take a break. No im not leaving, not looking for sympathy etc etc etc. nor am I gonna run off and start another squad. Just gonna take a break. Besides, I fly enough every day, I just dont get to shoot anything, much like this game ;)  oh, but I will wait untill friday for the vacation. I will fly the F4U as much as I can, god only knows when it will be back :rolleyes::p
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 07:52:51 PM by CurtissP-6EHawk »

Offline Mike_2851

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2004, 08:28:50 PM »
Hawk,

I was just trying to understand what you were trying to do and say in 2 different threads. I had a good idea and yeah-as usual I should have kept my fingers off of the keyboard last night, most of it was BS that anybody with half a mind knows anyway-but it's posted-can't take it back now.

Look, you did nothing but try and influence gameplay to match the historical event

More people get shot down in the BBS than in any arena on any given day. I still don't know why I log in and read some of the junk in here-cheap entertainment I guess-but more often than not it turns personal.

Really, stay and be CO of your squad, just stay away from the BBS-that would be a vacation itself. I'm going to try and follow my own advice and just check the next weeks setup-other than that-who needs it?

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2004, 08:46:42 PM »
What's wrong with "a bunch of women"?? :confused: The thought kinda brings tingles to me.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2004, 09:16:03 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
Sure I understand no one wants to fly zekes vs F4Us but the A6M5 is ubber enough. I have to blow my energy just to get a decent enough shot to kill it. If I miss, which I do a lot, then I am to slow to do anything. Anything else (even good solid snap shots, just causes a fuel leak. The damn thing should blow up. remember, no self sealing fuel tanks. Gas fumes+tracers= big f!@#$ explosion.

A6M5b = automatic fuel tank fire extinguishers.  Or so I've read.

Splash1

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2004, 10:12:53 PM »
Originally posted by storch
Go get a hog fly it at 200mph and no higher than 200 ft then PM me with your position, do this 25 times today and all will be forgiven.

Anybody that has faught me very often should know thats pretty much my SOP in any plane. :)

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2004, 01:03:17 AM »
2851, I didnt mean to get carried away with that to were it sounds like I am talking about you. At first I was but then got carried away and begain two finger typing without looking at the screen..hehehehe

storch

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2004, 03:05:24 AM »
Originally posted by TheBug
What's wrong with "a bunch of women"?? :confused: The thought kinda brings tingles to me.

Quit provoking insect proboscis arousal.  this is how epidemics are started.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2004, 09:37:49 AM »
I will probably take a long vacation after this week anyway.

I got all assed up about something and was sick of the damn CT a few months ago. I was ready to take atleast 3 months off. I was back in a few weeks. Take 3-4 days off Hawk. Its good for everyone.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2004, 11:17:54 AM »
I find that I stay in a lot better frame of mind if I dont fly more than two days in a row. I usually take off sunday, monday, and wednesday. If I fly more than two days in a row (like the thrusday-saturday stretch), little things that I should not even give a second thought start of cheeze me off.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2004, 03:31:16 AM »
So, CurtissP-6EHawk, you seem to want a setup in which all USN aircraft (excepting maybe the F4U-4) are enabled and the Japanese only have the A6M5b, Ki-61-KAIc, B5N2 and D3A1, is that correct?

You want to ignore the fact that the Japanese had numbers of Ki-84s available and did use them.

You want the Japanese players to hamper themselves so that there is a historical difference in skill levels as opposed to the approximately even skills the opposition forces in AH have.

In short, you want a Turkey Shoot with willing victims so that you may experience your F4U's tremendous success personally in a simulation and if everybody else doesn't give it to you, then you will throw a tantrum and stomp out.

Nice.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2004, 12:27:00 PM »
Heh. Deja Vu all over again, Karnak. Looked like he said it'd be nice to see the C-Hog and -4 in a setup occasionally based on the fact that the N1K is in every late Pac set. I certainly didn't see the "I want Chogs versus meatball planes without the N1K in the picture so we can have a week long turkey shoot that makes all the IJ players quit the CT within the first hour" thing you always see no matter what's being dis-cussed.

That being said, I've also seen Maggie support additional models for the IJ planeset (not in this thread per say but often enough elsewhere online to avoid ignoring) .... but he, like me, doesn't see it as a valid excuse to not run late Pac sets ... or to continue to "play the balance game" by upping the hardness of this and reducing the hardness of that unless, Budda forbid, some Japanese bases get captured or something. :D

Eh ... just an observation on an old rhetorical line surfacing in the thread.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2004, 02:01:31 PM »
I agree with Arlo, I dont see the problem with adding the -1C or the -4, the-1 and -1D are OK, adding the others wont make it any worse than it already is. If the -1C and -4 were deployed at the time the set covers, I say add them.