Author Topic: Presidential Poll Might Surprise You  (Read 361 times)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Presidential Poll Might Surprise You
« on: May 25, 2004, 03:35:41 PM »
AOL Presidential Match Main

I tried to copy this as a link but couldn't get it to stay a link.  So, try to visit AOL and type in those key words for a U.S. President Poll that might surprise you.

In conjunction with Time magazine, the poll asks you a buncha questions that allow you to indicate your positions on many major key issues, then see how your positions match with those of President Bush and Candidate Kerry.

This is the best interactive issue clarification poll I've ever seen.  Cuts to the chase, providing substantial insight into which candidate most clearly represents your views.  

I've taken this several times, and find that while I might like Person Alpha over Person Omega, after comparing the answers to the questions Person Omega much better matches my beliefs (along with attitudes and opinions).

Try it, you'll like it.  And repeat several times before the election, just to make sure.  

And after first taking the poll, post here who best matches your preferences, Bush or Kerry, and indicate if that is a validation or a surprise.

Don't answer until you take the poll.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 03:39:58 PM by Halo »
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 03:56:59 PM »
I got the person I thought I would.  Don't know that I am going to vote for either of them though.  Not too happy with the current guy we have and doubt whether the other guy would be any better.

Maybe I will just go with the best write-in candidate.

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 04:15:40 PM »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 09:05:03 AM »
anything Time puts out is lefty trash.

lazs

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 09:56:37 AM »
It's a web-based poll so it can't be wrong.   I'll be voting for PeeWee Hermann.

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 07:31:06 PM »
Not just a web-based poll.  First you decide your preferences on a long list of issues.  Then your answers are matched with the candidates' answers.  

If there is a better way of showing which candidate is most like what you prefer, I haven't seen it.

Of course there is always the possibility of data manipulation, but hopefully someone would be bright enough to expose that if it happened.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 07:36:01 PM »

Then your answers are matched with the candidates' answers. ..

Assuming that this is a useful method is based on the laughable assumption that the candidate was not lying when he made his answers.

Hooligan

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 08:15:04 PM »
I don't need any help in deciding who is the right man for the job and the fact I am going to vote him another 4 years to show it

if you don't like the poll, you can always flip a coin :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 08:16:18 PM »
Originally posted by Hooligan
Assuming that this is a useful method is based on the laughable assumption that the candidate was not lying when he made his answers.

Hooligan

LOL

pictured Kerry putting down both answers/sides to an issue so he'd be your man either way - at one time or another :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline PanzerII

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 08:16:56 PM »
i love how the media makes it so that there's only 2 candidates running for president

vote libertarian

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2004, 08:34:47 PM »
Seriously, troops, do yourself a favor as follows:

1.  Open Google.

2.  Type in AOL Presidential Match Main, Search.

3.  Take the test that asks for YOUR position on a bunch of key issues.

4.  Let the test match your answers with the Presidential candidates to find whose answers most closely match yours.

As I said, you might be surprised, if not by the match, by your own answers and the degree which with both of the main Presidential candidates agree or disagree with you.

If you ever find a better way to finding out how your preferences match those of the candidates, please post that here so we can all benefit before the election.  Thanks.

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 11:26:26 PM »
Try selecting 'no opinion' for every answer and you'll get the man that flops on every issue. Slanted crap poll.