Author Topic: are servers ever gonna be fixed????  (Read 155 times)

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
are servers ever gonna be fixed????
« on: June 01, 2001, 03:30:00 AM »
Reading the "host lost" messege for $30 a month is getting old....

Offline MadBirdCZ

• Nickel Member
      • http://home.worldonline.cz/~cz088436/
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2001, 05:11:00 AM »
I wouldn't blame the servers for this error... Or at least not entirely... I realized myself that sometimes I recieve this message (and related disco which is really annoyng when Im in the middle of a good mission like yesterday (8 kills in PANZER - disco, 3 La7 kills in a row and about 3 assists on other planes using my poor underpowered spit9 - disco etc.)) because my ISP screws it up or there is some problem "on the way"... It happens to me that after the disco I have to switch ISPs to be able to conect to the server.. Well I admit that I live in Czech republic and its something like to live in a stoneage... But I just say that not always has the server be responsible for the disco!

------------------
MBirdCZ
CO of Sudden Death Squadron

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2001, 05:16:00 AM »
I play from Hungary with 56k modem/~350ms ping time and some times get that message too. "Big deal"

Hey, netfart happens!

I understand your point if you have straight cabel to AH server... ;-)

BR

Xjazz

Offline Asmodan PL

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2001, 06:26:00 AM »
Im playing from Poland, so i know soemthing about ISP problems, i chave changed my ISP and now i got pings like 89 to 200 ms, no lags or discons. Disco can happand alweays if something on the weyai is going down.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2001, 06:32:00 AM »
Caligula, next time you get that message, immediately do a trace route to beta.hitechcreations.com  and alt.hitechcreations.com  and post the results to the internet connectivity forum on this BBS.

It will tell you where the problem in your connection is.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure