Author Topic: GeoCaching Hide  (Read 807 times)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
GeoCaching Hide
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2004, 11:21:24 PM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
yes i know that place sandy been there plenty of times when traveling up to lake taheo.

If you do, you took the long route. That's the junction of Panamint Valley Road and Hwy 190. :)
sand

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
GeoCaching Hide
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2004, 12:09:15 AM »
Gixer
 I had a 2000 TJ, I loved it, but it was the 4 banger and I had put 31 inch mud tires on it. It was a riot on the freeway, you could only do 70 if you were not driving into the wind. (65 was fast enough on windy days YIKES)

The only thing I really disliked about it was the soft top, 2000 was before they made them thicker so it was REALLY noisy with the top on.

Didnt bother me to much cause from June tell October I just took it all off.

I REALLY liked it, good wheeler even though it was gutless, and fun to drive.

It was going to get traded in on a Rubicon, but at the time the jeep dealerships were being a huge pain about mark ups.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
GeoCaching Hide
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2004, 12:48:58 AM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Gixer
 I had a 2000 TJ, I loved it, but it was the 4 banger and I had put 31 inch mud tires on it. It was a riot on the freeway, you could only do 70 if you were not driving into the wind. (65 was fast enough on windy days YIKES)

The only thing I really disliked about it was the soft top, 2000 was before they made them thicker so it was REALLY noisy with the top on.

Didnt bother me to much cause from June tell October I just took it all off.

I REALLY liked it, good wheeler even though it was gutless, and fun to drive.

It was going to get traded in on a Rubicon, but at the time the jeep dealerships were being a huge pain about mark ups.

Yeah I was looking at a new TJ 4.0L but prefered to go for the 1 owner 2nd hand job that had been used as some squeak's shopping trolly and use the spare cash to turn it into a mudder.Then buy new. Though rubi is a great start.

Currently on 31 M/T's with 2inch OME lift, perfect for the bush and mountain trails here. Especially for getting at hard to places for some fly fishing or hunting. I'll try post some pics sometime.

I don't care about road noise and softtop noise, it's a Jeep afterall and most of the time it has no top on at all. Have both the hard and soft tops but might replace both with a  Bestop Sailcloth top. Suppose to be quieter then even the hardtop.

Driving home at night after a day's mudding with the top off and mud flinging onto BMW X5's is one the best driving experiences (bikes aside) to be had.

...-Gixer

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
GeoCaching Hide
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2004, 01:31:49 AM »
Sounds cool, post some picks!

Yeah I only cared about top noise cause I on ocasion wanted to listen to the radio, it was my comute car as well.

45 minutes of the tires making noise is a bit boring.

I used it for the car pool and on windy or rainy days my carpoolers hated me! Especialy on the mornings it was still cold in the spring!

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
GeoCaching Hide
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2004, 10:04:54 AM »
Back in my Grand Junction days I rolled with the Jeep club there.  They had these hand built Jeeps that were hybrids of several models.  Most of them had small block Chevys or other transplant motors, and automatics.  Was a lot of fun going over rocks the size of a small Honda.  :)

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
GeoCaching Hide
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2004, 10:18:36 AM »
You know, it might be fun to run around finding these "geo-cache" things and taking a dump in them for the next person.