Author Topic: US condemned over rights abuses  (Read 3109 times)

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
US condemned over rights abuses
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2004, 09:37:45 PM »
The thing that pisses me off the most about this whole prisoner abuse deal is that they're  going after the NCOs that carried out the orders of the superiors just because they were caught on camera I bet my left nut at least somone with a star had to know what was going down and several CIA operatives perhaps RUmmie himself though going after Rumsfeld would turn it all in a bigger mess.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2004, 10:36:30 PM »
Originally posted by Glasses
The thing that pisses me off the most about this whole prisoner abuse deal is that they're  going after the NCOs that carried out the orders of the superiors just because they were caught on camera I bet my left nut at least somone with a star had to know what was going down and several CIA operatives perhaps RUmmie himself though going after Rumsfeld would turn it all in a bigger mess.

glasses, explain to me the benefit of tying a trio of naked Iraqi's together... homosexuality is NOT taboo in the arabic culture, so.... please explain it to me?  It is taboo in the american culture for the most part, especially in the military, so, how is the high command (who generally know a bit more than the average grunt, atleast in cultural value) going to risk ordering some nco's and pfc's to do some depraved acts.  

In the end, I think the roughing up may come down as from high command, but the "abuse getting the headlines" ie the sexual stuff, is just going to be a bunch of sick individuals acting out some depraved fantasies.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2004, 05:17:28 AM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Hell even Fishu is implying the US does evil things all the time.

Whatever, if that makes you feel more righterous...
I just wonder how you can come up with such a conclusion, which I've never claimed or said or hinted.

Perhaps it's easier for some people to defy the misdeeds by calling everyone in disagreement as anti-americans and people who implies US is evil doer all the time, just to make them look bad instead.

I don't side with the terrorist, but I don't either want to see USA fall down to their level in propaganda and actions.
Since if USA falls down to the level of terrorists, they've won nothing, on the contrary..  and homeland will not be any safer than it was prior to 911, again, on the contary. (unless becoming ultra isolationistic country, like USSR, with borders tightly sealed)
Fightning terrorism there where it isn't and torturing SUSPECTS does not help to reduce terrorism. It's that simple.
You might feel better when the *******s are killed and tortured for what they've done when generalized, but overall that will turn against the cause when wrong targets are picked.

During Bush's goverment, USA has lost more reputation than in the last 50 years and created more terrorists against USA than in the last 10 years before.

Good deal?
Maybe if you want to be able to pass more patriot act bills and keep anti-terrorism units in jobs, but does this achieve what it's supposed to achieve?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 05:21:19 AM by Fishu »

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2004, 05:43:59 AM »
Originally posted by Fishu
Maybe if you want to be able to pass more patriot act bills and keep anti-terrorism units in jobs, but does this achieve what it's supposed to achieve?

baaaaaaa you anti emrikan commie terrorist lover :D :D :D

nice exmaple of what you mentioned about disagreement is Post about Amnesty international. Since they wrote piece of critic, they are famous band of leftish commie, antizionist, and antiemerikans :D

man that thread is so funny
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 05:47:03 AM by lada »

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2004, 06:31:27 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
I wonder how many Amnesty International Personnel have lost friends, relatives, and other loved ones to terrorist attacks????

My bet is it's very few if any.

I bet your right and when they do loose somebody they probably blame the US for not protecting them
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2004, 08:44:34 AM »
Everyone of those people that carried out the attack are dead... that is very obvious, even for you.  Yet, you fail to realise is that the army of terrorists called Al Quaeda is still alive and operating.  When they are eliminated, that is far from the end, as there are many more terrorists out there who need to be brought down as well.  This is not revenge, it is a fact of life that needs to be carried out.  Unfortunately liberal pansies like yourself, are content to allow these groups to fester and grow, until they attack again, then you will scream bloody murder at our intel and military for not preventing it in the first place.  I do hate terrorists, and, I guess according to God, I am wrong for not forgiving, that is something that I am willing to stand up for when the time comes.  You on the other hand seem content to bash the president, blame the conduct of a few on an entire army, and generally remain a malcontent imbecile who bases his beliefs on just how much it can get him and shreck the rest of the world.  Well Mr. Wizard, how would you fix the problem?  Surrender to terrorism?  Beg them not to attack us again and you'll leave them alone.... please astonish me with a well thought out plan, it would be a surprise after all the BS you posted.

As for the quote that people deal with loss, stick it in your arse you conceited bastard, you have no clue.  :mad:

tough guy, eh? F U bodhi.. I've done none of these things you say...  I just feel I am smart enough and rehearsed enough to understand that violence will not end the circle of violence..  Kinda like when your feeble insecure mind requires you to call me names and accuse me of things I do not support and have not done you create more hate and negative feelings.. But I wont bring myself that low to reach your level.. keep on being blind and hate you christian you...

dude

AoM

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2004, 10:14:33 AM »
Tough guy? I have never threatened you, but I have called you an imbecille, and a conceited bastard.  If you make a blanket statement about the deaths of someone's friends like you did, I would expect more people to call you worse.  As for your name calling episodes, go back and read a few of your posts...  As for reaching my level... I could care less what you think of me, or my beliefs.  If you feel I am beneath you, all the better, because that means you underestimate me, and thats a big time no-no if you dislike someone as much as you appear to dislike me.

On the violence issue, I again implore you to come up with a well thought out plan to end it... You say violence is not going to end violence?  Well, again, what would you do...?

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2004, 03:53:03 PM »
It'm not concerned with the homosexuality aspect or how  Arabas view it  as it was portrayed in the pictures, but  as to who carried out the orders brought a camera to the prison and caught the abuse on tape, also here are several murders being  investigated right now of several prisoners both in Iraq and Afghanistan in US custody.

Aside from the fact these persons were not "trained" to deal with Prisoners  ironically enough they were prison guards in Civilian life
these looks to me like it was a higher up order to do this kind of abuse and apparently out of retribution for one of the accussed being put as  scape goat he let loose the pictures so that everyone could see he was not the only one, the worst thing of it all that those who carried out the orders who are being court martialled are those who followed  the orders but those who gave them  are running free or given "other assignments" .

I have no question these people should be brought to trail ( NCOs) but, there should be some Officer or CIA  heads rolling, because THEY 99.9% sure were the ones who ordered these reservists or national guard people to do these kinds of acts, and it's just not fair considering the power that theythe NCOs do not have and they have to take the blame for the eff ups of the higher ups.

Now if they had put iraqis themselves to do the abuse tog et information from these so called terrorists and not filmed it  then that would have been better but not only did they put US servicemen and women to do these things but they also caught them on camera ,and that's why all involved should be court martialed , otherwise it would just be a show trial.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 03:58:17 PM by Glasses »

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2004, 03:58:57 PM »
Tough guy? I have never threatened you, but I have called you an imbecille, and a conceited bastard.  If you make a blanket statement about the deaths of someone's friends like you did, I would expect more people to call you worse.  As for your name calling episodes, go back and read a few of your posts...  As for reaching my level... I could care less what you think of me, or my beliefs.  If you feel I am beneath you, all the better, because that means you underestimate me, and thats a big time no-no if you dislike someone as much as you appear to dislike me.

On the violence issue, I again implore you to come up with a well thought out plan to end it... You say violence is not going to end violence?  Well, again, what would you do...?

LOL Bodhi they have ALL the answers yet provide none.

Oh And Bodhi you really are wasting your time trying to explain things to these people .
Because it takes someone of honor and personal courage to understand some of the things you say .
And I am sorry to say you speak apon deaf ears here.

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2004, 04:41:44 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Imaginary honor and courage does not count MrFake.

And your opinion means less to me than the corn filled terd I just flushed.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2004, 12:18:32 AM »
Originally posted by Glasses
It'm not concerned with the homosexuality aspect or how  Arabas view it  as it was portrayed in the pictures, but  as to who carried out the orders brought a camera to the prison and caught the abuse on tape, also here are several murders being  investigated right now of several prisoners both in Iraq and Afghanistan in US custody.

Aside from the fact these persons were not "trained" to deal with Prisoners  ironically enough they were prison guards in Civilian life
these looks to me like it was a higher up order to do this kind of abuse and apparently out of retribution for one of the accussed being put as  scape goat he let loose the pictures so that everyone could see he was not the only one, the worst thing of it all that those who carried out the orders who are being court martialled are those who followed  the orders but those who gave them  are running free or given "other assignments" .

I have no question these people should be brought to trail ( NCOs) but, there should be some Officer or CIA  heads rolling, because THEY 99.9% sure were the ones who ordered these reservists or national guard people to do these kinds of acts, and it's just not fair considering the power that theythe NCOs do not have and they have to take the blame for the eff ups of the higher ups.

Now if they had put iraqis themselves to do the abuse tog et information from these so called terrorists and not filmed it  then that would have been better but not only did they put US servicemen and women to do these things but they also caught them on camera ,and that's why all involved should be court martialed , otherwise it would just be a show trial.

Glasses my only thought on what you say is this:

Why would an intelligence agent allow himself to be exposed to the type of criticism that is now floating around, especially that involving the photos.  My own brief stint in the military taught me enough to know that photos of most of what we did would end up with me in a miserable cell in Kansas.  These intelligence officers had nothing to gain by performing the "homo" acts with arabic prisoners.  It is an acceptable way of life for them.  So, to get intelligence, or to "frighten them into talking" I should think the threat of killing and not burying their relatives before sunset, or removal of the left hand, or eve turning them over to the kurds would be a better motivational threat.  I just don't but that this abuse came from the top, it just is irresponsible considering those involved, irresposible to alevel that is way to coincidental.

My $.02

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2004, 02:13:27 AM »
I agree somewhat but what I meant to say is that someone other than the notorious seven had to know what was going on and did  nothing about it and if they didn't they should be tried for negligence.  Either way someone with a star or someone with a rank higher than these peeps  for sure I'd think will be persecuted.