Author Topic: SimHQ Interview with Pyro on 5 May 2001  (Read 129 times)

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
SimHQ Interview with Pyro on 5 May 2001
« on: June 01, 2001, 10:50:00 AM »
 This maybe a repeat post but I could not find an original.

I think this is needed because several discussions make it evident that it has not been read by a large number of people posting here.
 http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/interviews/aceshigh/pyro/

-Westy

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2001, 04:36:00 PM »
punt!

[ 06-24-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline Goner

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2001, 07:13:00 AM »
i remember reading it ...

especially the part where the interviewer asks about a "cheaper, but time limited, plan" for people who either don't have the money or the time ...

not that i think $30 is too much in itself ; it just depends of how much flying time you can get in ... now i am lucky if i get about 2 hours every Sunday-night and after 2 months i'm seriously considering quitting, especially now that after about patch 3 i can not seem to get a stable setup no matter which combination of nVidia Detonators, DirectX or VIA drivers i install ...
for a moment i thought i had found it after installing Det. 7.78 but that lasted 1 night,  then again : lock-ups galore  :-(

just whinin' ...

Goner

Offline Sox

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2001, 01:37:00 PM »
Goner try useing the Drivers sent with your card. I have MSI GeForce2 GTS...I did not come with Nivida Drivers. It has there name on it but the Drivers where made for this card. Just with the Names atatched. I had some of the same problems untell i just said the hell with it and put on the old drivers. Come to find out MSI makes Motherbourds and the such. Thay are Based in Tiawan. And every thing thay sell is cheaper than any one i have seen so far on there products. Not realy happy with them ether so From now on i buy All Name Brand stuff. IF i dont recognise the Name i dont buy it

Offline Goner

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2001, 02:09:00 AM »
hi Sox,

I had some of the same problems untell i just said the hell with it and put on the old drivers.

just went back to the 6.50 drivers ; don't remember if those are the ones that came with the card, but i remembered i had the least problems with those ...

Come to find out MSI makes Motherbourds and the such. Thay are Based in Tiawan.

i got a Prolink GeForce2 MX. also Taiwan ... on their site they don't put up their own drivers but the same ones as nVidia releases.
they got 10.80 up now, but i wonder i they ever tested them with the GE2 MX  :-(

so From now on i buy All Name Brand stuff.

same here ... it's what i used to do until i bought this one - Fujitsu Siemens - because a lot of the parts had brandnames, except the video card (Prolink) and motherboard (BioStar) ... that will teach me  ;-)

IF i dont recognise the Name i dont buy it[/QB][/QUOTE]