Author Topic: odd little controls problem  (Read 263 times)

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
odd little controls problem
« on: May 23, 2004, 05:50:11 PM »
This is driving me batty.

I use a gameport setup of CH Flightstick, CH Pro Throttle, and CH Pro Pedals, same one I've used for 7+ years with nary an issue except having to clean the pots. It works flawlessly with AH1.

However, with AH2 I can't get the rudders to register properly.

No matter what combination of deadband, damping, and scaling I use, the response (as viewed on the joystick settings graph) is screwy as hell.

The rudder wants to snap all the way to full after responding slowly for for the first half of its travel to left, and snap all the way to full, same way, before settling back to halfway with pedal fully depressed to the right.

Yes I've re-calibrated in Windows then AH2, several times. And, again, I don't have this problem in AH1, never had it in Air Warrior, but its been present in AH2 in every beta version I've tried.

Any ideas out there?

culero

some system specs:

PIII Slot 1 550E (OEM) (running stable @ 682MHz)
Asus P3V4X
512Mb PC100 RAM (running stable @ 124MHz)
W98SE
DX9.0b
Radeon 8500 128Mb AGP w/ATI drivers ver 4.14.01.9113 (3.6 Catalyst)
Creative SB16 PnP (ISA) w/Creative drivers ver 4.38.16

(Skuzzy, sorry for the double post, "Hardware" occurred first then I looked at the post headers here and saw this might be mo betta ;) )
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 07:45:05 AM »
~draws foot back~

~PUNT!~

culero :)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 08:01:09 AM »
As you have recalibrated I'm not sure (I had the same trouble because I didn't recalibrate ...)

check if the last slider is set to 100%.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 03:35:58 PM »
I had same kind of problem with some old thrust master pedals. Was a VERY long time ago but I think this is the way I worked around it.  Was to not fully depressing pedals when I calibrated it. I moved them about half way and it cleared up.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack