Author Topic: Please return open channel  (Read 12339 times)

Offline FBRaptor

• Copper Member
      • http://www.freebirdshome.us
Please return open channel
« on: May 27, 2004, 11:51:50 PM »
I went into beta tonight to have some fun and find I have no way to communicate with other countries players. This is a part of the game I happen to enjoy having. I ask someone why open channel isnt working and they tell me "Hitech got pissed off and turned it off".

Please turn it on! Please do not punish everyone for some thing one or two did wrong. That seems childish to me. Kinda like something a kindergarden teacher would do to the class. I am not sure what happened and I am commenting only on what I was told happened. If I am wrong on what is going on then please forgive me. If not.....Please return the open channel.
Thanks, FBRaptor

http://www.freebirdshome.com

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 11:54:32 PM »
Hitech turned it off?

It could be the finest upgrade in the history of the game.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 11:57:41 PM »
Personally, I think it's a good opportunity for all of us to feel that some of the options we enjoy in AH ARE AT THE EXPENSE OF OUR OWN ACTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES.

So next time gentlemen, think twice before starting the f**ked up trash in the CH1. The mudslinging some of you lamers start in CH1 hurts many other innocent people.

Most of us can't do much but just give out a sigh and squelch the lamer, but this time, we got to see what can happen when someone steps over the line.

Offline MaddDog

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 12:13:10 AM »
i agree, personally i like it off, if you got somethin to say to a player from another country use private.

Offline FBRaptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 12:17:57 AM »
I say if you DONT like it........squelch channel1!!!!!!!!!

And kwasea.....do you know what happened to prompt hitech to  do this?? If so, enlighten us please. There is no satisfaction to be had by seeing innocent people punished for what some dummy did or said.

Seems to me squelching them might have been an alternative?

FBRaptor

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 12:48:20 AM »
I was there...
Just the usual Insult/Ego chatter , he flipped it off.
Dont think he was pissed, but what do i know

I imagine he just forgot to flip it back on when he left
Cooleyof 367th

Offline FBRaptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 01:34:19 AM »
I do wish people would show common respect on this channel but would not want to sacrifice it all together to not have to hear it. I can always squelch the abuser if I wish. Thanks for letting me know cooly.

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 01:43:09 AM »
I'll i know is that if i was him, I'd have the little Kazoo guy from the flinstones as my ride flying around zappin everyone
Cooleyof 367th

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2004, 01:43:10 AM »
Originally posted by Rolex
Hitech turned it off?

It could be the finest upgrade in the history of the game.

WORD!

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 02:43:06 AM »
Originally posted by txmx
WORD!

So that's what happened to Vanilla Ice
I come from a land downunder

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 02:48:23 AM »
Originally posted by Redd
So that's what happened to Vanilla Ice

aaaaaahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2004, 03:18:05 AM »
I wasnt there when he turned it off but HT did come back and ask how we liked not having channel 1. It was pretty much a general consensus ranging from very nice to awesome. HT then said ok channel 1 stays off and that was it.

I kinda wish it would stay off on AH1. People just dont know how to act. Granted we all get heated at times but I think some people get there cookies off by belittling others lack of skill and what not. Those bad apples had their chance to get along with others. Now maybe its time they do with out. Oh by the way I usualy always squelch channel 1 anyway. I think its funny the trash talkers have no option at this point of free speech so to say.

Offline boogs

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2004, 03:58:15 AM »
booga

channel 1 really is part of the game for me,
sure, some dribble becomes annoying, but the majority seems good, and very informative.
 I've had many flying questions answered, a joke, a laugh.....

And man, what about the ? sure , you can go private, but not every equals a kill, just some great fights....

Isn't there a ban or warning systm in place?

Really I have some great laughs flyin AH11 through channel 1..
Anyway's, my 2 bits worth...

Offline 13Promet

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2004, 04:06:32 AM »
I personally love to chat with my enemies and give/get a good when it's deserved.
As a mater of fact I've always had more friends between my opponents than in my own country since i started to play flight simulations 4 years ago.
If somebody doesn't like to chat/read ch. 1 there is the .squelch command for it. I guess HiTech can use it as well if he wishes to.

Best regards

Promet

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2004, 05:24:23 AM »
I have mixed feelings about ch 1.  Being able to disable it is certainly ideal for special events, especially scenarios.  Otherwise, though, I do enjoy being able to chat to all countries, and have long-since learnt to ignore most of the rubbish.

I suppose the other alternative would be to tune to a 200+ channel, presuming they are still all-country channels.  Also, if there was somewhere like the AW Officer Clubs where all three countries could meet up and chat without any radio channels.... I do miss entering the game that way in AW, and often used to hang around as people came and went.  Pah, getting all nostalgic now.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun