Author Topic: Pilot Physiology Model in AH2  (Read 3379 times)

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
Pilot Physiology Model in AH2
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2004, 12:56:43 PM »
Roger that Crumpp....yeah I miss Oki alot...so does the wife...she was a dental hygienist civilian contractor up at Camp Hansen.

Good to meet ya buddy and Ill be looking for ya!!!!

Regards,

Mike:)

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2004, 01:31:46 PM »
Hitech,

Please review the data and comment.  Thanks!

Crumpp

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2004, 02:43:55 PM »
LOL!!! you guys amaze me !!!You make your point, HT looked at and told how it was set-up and that was that. You all seem to think this is a democratic set-up where if you debate the topic long enough you'll get enough votes and things will change to your liking. This and the debate over "channel 1" should or shouldn't turned back on are perfect exsamples.

This is HT's world and he has told you what his answer is. For what ever reason he is NOT going to change it. Maybe the code work is to much to make it happen right now, maybe they don't have the time due to the work load of re-doing the whole game and starting T.O.D., maybe he just wants to be a pain in your butt, who knows.

Live with it as it is, or leave. You made your suggestion, and it was shot down. Get over it, move along, HT I'm sure is very busy working on the game, just to get it up and running in AH2.  Let it go !!! jeez !

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2004, 03:52:25 PM »
He commented before the data was present and only said the model for AH2 was the same as AH1.  

So move out and draw fire.

Crumpp

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2004, 05:29:44 PM »
Don't be grumpy, Crumpy.

Originally your complaint centered on your misperception that the AH/AHII blackout model didn't actually feature a blackout. It does. Then you suggested tons of refinements that, while interesting and even somewhat appealing, shouldn't be on the top of the worry list. Why? Because the model actually does feature the blackouts you thought it didn't in the first place and your additional refinements are not actually neccesary. So now instead of it being an "issue that despirately needs addressing" it's become "wouldn't it be cool if ....".

It'd be cool if we had topless hula dancers on the beach. But if Pyro and HT make that a priority over adding a few more planes to fill out the historical batting roster ......

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2004, 05:33:56 PM »
It'd be cool if we had topless hula dancers on the beach.
------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget the fully stocked bar
and aircraft washing hanger with covered
wax and detail pro shop
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2004, 06:20:33 PM »
Thank you Arlo for explaining my thread to me!  :rolleyes:

No in fact my original post was because thier NO PENALTY for crossing into the black except unless you do for an extended time reaching unconsciousness AND you can still fly the plane NO problem.  

In real life it is not this way.  Touching the " black" even though you are not physically unconscious is nevertheless a very disorientating experience.  Real pilots avoid it and so should we.

Crumpp

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2004, 06:44:57 PM »
Originally posted by Crumpp
Thank you Arlo for explaining my thread to me!  :rolleyes:

No in fact my original post was because thier NO PENALTY for crossing into the black except unless you do for an extended time reaching unconsciousness AND you can still fly the plane NO problem.  

In real life it is not this way.  Touching the " black" even though you are not physically unconscious is nevertheless a very disorientating experience.  Real pilots avoid it and so should we.

Crumpp

You're welcome. Now I'll explain something else as well. :rolleyes:

Yes there is a penalty. That penalty is your screen going black. Your screen going black is disorienting. Real pilots who have vision loss due to high gees but aren't unconscious retain the use of their hands. They are, however, blind. Being blind is disorienting. Being blind is actually a problem when flying a plane.

Your inability to understand that doesn't constitute a dire emergency that needs addressing on HiTech's part, IMO. But ... that's my opinion. :D

American Airline, Continental and Delta pilots most certainly are required and able to avoid GLOC. WWII fighter pilots .... not so much.

Again ... you're welcome. :aok

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2004, 07:04:49 PM »
Arlo,

Thanks for your help!

Please go crawl back under your rock.  Hey I think someone else is posting on the other side of the BB, hurry you can get in their thread too!  (Wipe the chips off your stomach first though...)

Again thanks for your opinion.  I'll wait for Hitech's reply to confirm he is aware of the medical data I submitted.  

Buh-Bye!

Crumpp

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2004, 07:15:03 PM »
Aw, did you get offended? I'm sure HT is gonna hop right in here and go "Gee, Crumpp ... all that expert knowledge you got from your visit to that AF flight surgeon has convinced me that the blackout model that already features both the disorientation and full unconsciousness you seem convinced it doesn't just ain't good enough! I'm instructing the staff to set aside what we assumed were more pressing development issues to implement your recommendations post haste."

Yep .... certain of it. :D

Carry on! :aok

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2004, 07:38:45 PM »
LOL

Your a good troll, Arlo, a good troll!!

Thanks for your input :aok

Crumpp

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2004, 08:15:38 PM »
You seem convinced at this point that the blackout model still needs addressing apparently based on:

1: You experimenting with a 9k dive in a P-51 ingame.

2: Hitech not having the headbob effect included to mimic recovering from complete unconsciousness (which he probably could ... yet he may just as well have added a few seconds of black screen).

3: Your visit to your friend the AF flight surgeon that told you that you can 'blackout' without losing consciousness. However you might as well be unconscious because your useful actions are very limited." Not unlike the limitations imposed on you when your screen is black - even if you avoid reaching the point of unconsciousness where the stick input goes neutral (as confirmed by HT himself).

Is this correct or do you wish to add something other than stating your perception of this challenge as being a troll? :)

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2004, 08:54:39 PM »
LOL

Read the data Arlo...

:aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2004, 11:11:43 PM »
And? :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2004, 01:39:00 AM »
Crumpp, I realize you don't believe that pilot unconsciousness/neutral stick is part of the AH/AHII blackout model and that may be what's fueling this debate on your end. Here's a very short AHF that shows it is.

Me-262 - 400 mph on the deck. Right hand circle to induce blackout. I listened to the stall horn to know when I was unconscious and at that point went from a full stick back postition to a full stick left position. If I still had stick control the plane should have reacted accordingly. Consciousness returned about a second before impact. HT could have possibly modeled sound to fade out and added the head wobble but that would only be clues to the player that he's actually unconscious and is wasting his time playing with the stick.

http://jollyrogers.info/CAG44/film8.ahf

That's the good news.

The bad news is that "x" does indeed appear to level off your craft when you're unconscious. In this next film I hit x as soon as the stall horn died and it leveled out the craft. The second and third attempts didn't reach the unconscious threshold. The fourth did and again x saved me .... and when I regained consciousness I executed an aileron roll to show it (and to guage the time of unconsciousness.

http://jollyrogers.info/CAG44/film10.ahf

I'm not sure if it was tweaked in AHII or not - haven't tested in there because I'd like to have a film to review (nope - filmviewer isn't opening AHII AHFs for me).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 02:00:16 AM by Arlo »