Author Topic: You Know You're Ill When...  (Read 158 times)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
You Know You're Ill When...
« on: May 29, 2004, 07:09:40 AM »
There's being a wee bit sick and "oh I feel bad, not gonna go to work today" and then there's the really ill thing, when you cannot even do yuo favourite thing.

So when do you know you're really sick/ill?

For me; yesterday I went to the DZ. Had a few beers, went to bed. Woke up, on load one, 13 000 feet next. Bundle of money to burn in my pocket, nice weather, cute student girls who're easily impressed by people who fly in other positions than the Box-Man.

And I signed myself off the lift, took a 1.5 hour busride home, a bunch of pain killers and am now feeling utterly and totally ****ty.

And I got a double eye infection (but was gonna jump with that - no matter that I can't see **** without my lenses and I had no glasses with me).

That's how I know when I am really sick.

What about *you* chaps? When do you know?

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 07:17:24 AM »
When I attempt a low hook-turn at 150 feet only to realise I am really at 15 feet.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 09:37:57 AM »
Funny you ask, since it's happened to me recently. Just came back from a trip in a PA27 to Morocco.

The last day, turning back from Fes, I didn't feel all that well, but I was ready to fly home.

Had to do a little IMC, got diverted because a military zone was activated, and after about 6h30 minutes later and a scale to refill the tanks, I got home.

When the adrenaline stopped actuating, I realized how sick I felt. Turns out I had an intestinal virus and I was 40ºC.
Can't remember much about the hours after I got home and took the medication.
I can say I am astonished by how much adrenaline can make you stay put and ready.

Daniel