Author Topic: score page confusion  (Read 176 times)

Offline [Sg]ShotGun

• Zinc Member
score page confusion
« on: March 04, 2000, 05:08:00 AM »
how is the KD ratio calculated?? deaths +1/kills   ???if so then i wood have a 3.5 KD ratio instead of the listed 2.8.    7 kills 1 death...

Offline danish

• Nickel Member
score page confusion
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2000, 07:00:00 AM »
Bails count too AFAIK.

danish

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
score page confusion
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2000, 07:21:00 PM »
There's a few bugs with the scores.

EG, Fatty has done 27,000 pts of damage in a fighter.  Because he flew 1 mission in a bomber (mission time 6, no bombs dropped) the points scored as a fighter count towards damage per mission in a bomber.  27,000 pts in one mission?  ha!

Swoop

eskimo

score page confusion
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2000, 10:31:00 AM »
Kill to death ratio can be figured this way:

___________________(# of kills)______________
(# of deaths + # of bails + 1 + [1/2 # of fighter discos])

That is divide your # of kills by the sum of your # of deaths, bails, 1/2 your discos and 1.

The 1 is your 1 real given life (you will die someday).  It also prevents infinant ratios for those who have yet to die.  I have just figured out the 1/2 discos bit.  It sounds kind of lame but if you think about it, it help prevent people from causing intentional discos when they get in a bad situation.  
I realy porked my score after my first night in Tour 2, I had 5 fighter discos and 3 Buff discos.  But after such frustration, and realizing what it did to my score, I got cable-modem.  It seems much better now.
eskimo

eskimo

score page confusion
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2000, 10:38:00 AM »
By the way swoop, I don't know, but Bomber damage may be an accumulation of damage done to ground targets in fighters and bombers.  So jabo missions and straffing may help bomber scores.
If anyone knows for sure, please post.  I have been wondering.
eskimo

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
score page confusion
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2000, 12:59:00 PM »
Yes, Jabo missions in fighters will count on your bombing score and shooting in bomber will count on your fighter score.

------------------
Ltn. Snefens
RO, Lentolaivue 34
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"