Author Topic: wtg pp  (Read 2927 times)

storch

wtg pp
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2004, 06:53:14 AM »
Originally posted by SOB
LOL, Roe v Wade was judicial activism?  Beautiful.  But forget that, I decided I'm with you fully, and we should just ****can that constitution thingie and run our country stictly by what the bible says.  Which denomination gets to elect the ruler of our country though?

What was Roe v Wade?  it was a Supreme Court decision, without precedent and the commencement of what we now see as routine.

Storch, the more you post the more I'm convinced you can't use your brain

If you are an example of proper brain usage then I'll take that as high compliment. Eg. thank you very much.  Don't worry November is coming.  The Liberals cannot keep Mr. Bush from appointing judges for four more years.

Does anyone even care that the deadlocked Senate has prevented Mr. Bush from appointing judges to the Federal bench?  His nominees don't even make it to the floor for a vote by the full Senate!  Unprecedented!  The liberals know that the bench is so far to the left as to be out of touch with what we the people want our country to be be like.  Since the liberals are thwarted by the people at the poll booths time and again the strategy has been extreme left policy making at the hands of black robed tyrants that answer to no one.  The judiciary should not be making laws.  The most recent example of this dangerous trend was evidenced by the four black robed liberal criminals called the Massachusetts Supreme Court which inspite of the clear wishes of the people of Massachusetts have made homosexual marriage the de facto law of the land.

And in keeping with liberal tradition when you can't argue facts you resort to name calling. WTG AKSVVulfe, exhibit A liberal thinking.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
wtg pp
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2004, 08:09:31 AM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
Youre missing the point here Gunslinger... the irresponsbile teenager who cant think before she acts is more important that the child she is willing to kill so she doesnt have to live with her decision (or lack of one).

Victims rights!

ahhhh I get it now.  I can go back in the bedroom and off my whole family cause they are a financial drain on me....IE parasites

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
wtg pp
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2004, 08:55:05 AM »
Originally posted by StabbyTheIcePic
The unborn have no rights. If you cannot survive on your own then you are not a person yet.

Stabby, do you have any clear notion of what this procedure is, and at what point in a child's development it is performed?  We're talking about a very specific procedure here, not about abortion in general.  This practice is barbaric, plane and simple.  It is truly sad when so many in our society are more concerned with the humane treatment of our worst criminals than they are with a child litterally a breath away from birth.  Furthermore, everything I've read about PBA is that it almost never involves less risk to the mother (yes, the mother) than simply completing the birthing process.  The baby is, after all, partially delivered before it's skull is punctured and the brain suctioned out.  In those few cases where the mother's life is truly in dangered if normally delivery is attempted, a C-section would work just as well.

As has been stated before regarding the constitutionality of abortion in general, Roe v Wade went against all precident.  So chronologically, when exactly was the constitution "thrown out?"
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
wtg pp
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2004, 11:13:25 AM »
Originally posted by storch
And in keeping with liberal tradition when you can't argue facts you resort to name calling. WTG AKSVVulfe, exhibit A liberal thinking.

First of all, there were no facts in that post you made... only one reference to a past case and a reference to Stern being fired, but again, no facts - only opinions -were presented by you to make any of your points.

Second of all, I'm no liberal - but keep calling me that, its quite funny to see you throw around that label like its derogatory.

And third, you just made my point. I did not call you any names. You, OTOH, appeared to be typing that sentence while staring in a mirror.
-SW

Offline -MZ-

• Nickel Member
wtg pp
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2004, 12:01:46 PM »
Originally posted by storch
.  Go ahead you lefty types try to subvert the culture,  most people totally disagree with you.  

More Americans wanted the other guy to be President.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
wtg pp
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2004, 01:53:28 PM »
As of 11-2003 53% of Americans want to keep the decision to abort or not in the hands of the mother and her doctor.

And just to pre-empt the lib-poll bashing
http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm

This was an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll. You know that left wing rag.. the WSJ.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
wtg pp
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2004, 01:59:35 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
As of 11-2003 53% of Americans want to keep the decision to abort or not in the hands of the mother and her doctor.

And just to pre-empt the lib-poll bashing
http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm

This was an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll. You know that left wing rag.. the WSJ.

I don't think that % is that high for the late term murder this law pertained to...

sadly, there are "degrees" to this madness...from the same survey:

"As you may know, President Bush and the U.S. Congress recently approved a new law that prohibits a procedure commonly known as a 'partial-birth abortion.' Do you favor or oppose this new law?"

----      Favor    Oppose   Not Sure  
  11/03     47%       40%        13%
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
wtg pp
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2004, 02:01:41 PM »
Now go check the numbers a little further down the page that ask tyhe same question and adds "the life or health of the mother" to the mix.

Offline LoneStarBuckeye

• Copper Member
      • http://None
wtg pp
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2004, 02:16:10 PM »
There are two viable alternatives for defining when life begins: conception or birth.  Any other standard would be arbitrary and capricious in practice.  The hard core pro-choice camp knows this and that is why they are fighting so hard against the prohibition of PBA.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
wtg pp
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2004, 02:28:36 PM »
Originally posted by Lizking
That is fine for your own personal choice, just don't presume to make it for anyone else.

Perfectly said. Your rights stop at my daughters skin...
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
wtg pp
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2004, 02:30:52 PM »
Originally posted by Silat
Perfectly said. Your rights stop at my daughters skin...

if her boyfriend understands this, then the doctor will not have to ...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

storch

wtg pp
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2004, 02:32:19 PM »
Originally posted by -MZ-
More Americans wanted the other guy to be President.

50,000 military absentee ballots from our servicemen overseas were not admitted by the mostly Dem run Dept of elections in various counties.  but why confuse anyone with facts.

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
wtg pp
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2004, 02:34:47 PM »
Originally posted by Lizking
They can't get an asprin from the school nurse without parental approval.

Do you even know why this is the case?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
wtg pp
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2004, 02:42:50 PM »
stabby... my guess is that you couldn't survive on your own but no one is saying you need to be aborted.  Well... not in so many words and no one that isn't your family.

lazs

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
wtg pp
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2004, 02:53:59 PM »
Morality is relative...repeated for 40 years...has undermined the ethos of the nation.

If abortion is acceptable because it eliminates an unwanted parasite perhaps it should be made retroactive.  You know, to eliminate those in our society who are a needless burden on their families.  If we can justify one we can justify the other.  Think of all the money needlessly wasted paying the medical costs of brain-dead people on life-support.  Or think of those healthy adults who have never held a job who sponge up government checks each month.  Aren't they, by definition, parasites, living off the "host" of taxpayers and productive citizens.  What right do they have to exist?  The only difference between them and the unborn is that they have a "voice," both as individuals or as members of political constituencies.  But, why should that matter?

Besides, if we are not held accountable for our midless sexual escapades, it makes it a lot easier to get a little n--ky, doesn't it?

Shuckins/Leggern