Author Topic: Cliffs And Square Maps  (Read 841 times)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Cliffs And Square Maps
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2004, 05:09:18 PM »
aaron, ignore tiles for right now. if you take that approach then your map will only consist of 1 island (like midway for example) and it is much like a jigsaw. looking at your map on your sight you pretty much understand how to curve them. just mess with it some to understand how to slowly curve it or give it a sharpe curve.

Offline AaronM2

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Cliffs And Square Maps
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2004, 05:14:32 PM »
Yea i dont know how that happened but i dident do it i zoomed out and thats what did it i kinda wanted to make a round map like yours Hehe i want to make 35th Practice Arena:aok

Offline eta32

• Zinc Member
Terrain Maps in AH2
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2004, 05:04:51 PM »
Guys.. I must say I love the maps in AH2 with all the extras.. the trees and the bridges and tunnels..
the tunnels especially are a very nice touch.
Now the main reason for this post is to ask of you geniuses... is it possible for you to make a map like the one we have running that has mountains...  to add
switch back type roads.. like you see in Italy and greece.. and other countries where the terrain is sheer and rugged.
this would be pretty cool.. (if you can do it)
I noticed in the current map there are areas  running up the sides of the mountain slopes that are flat and parellel with the face of the mountain.
This would allow gv's to go over the mountains...
that would be more fun and realistic than climbing straight up.
Another thing... how about tunnels through the mountain ?  wouldn't that be very cool? I think so... this would also give an additional strategic choke point... to control the tunnel and the mountain pass.

Am I getting too far out there with this request?

I don't think so.. with some of the work I have seen as late.. I think one of you geniuses is up for the challenge.