Author Topic: Cable Modem otw out?  (Read 694 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Re: one solution
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2004, 12:39:58 AM »
Originally posted by SLED
Morph have you thought about going around your neighborhood, after dark of course, and cutting the cable drops to houses in the area?;)

LOL you have no idea.

If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Cable Modem otw out?
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2004, 09:08:29 AM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
yeah this is just about as rediculous as it gets here... All day long I lose connection. Im ready to put a bullet in my modem and call it a day.

Also if those suggestions do not help something else you can check real quick is your connections. Both the cable connections and the power supply.

I was recently having a similar problem and it turned out that  the power supply cord where it connects to the modem was loose.
Well the cord itself wasnt loose but the connectors in the jack in the back of the modem had spread and the slightest vibration would send the modem haywire.
I was told that RCA modems have been known to have this problem.
All you need do is remove the power supply cord from the jack in the modem (assuming you can) And fiddle with the connectors to tighten em up so that when you plug the cord back in you have a nice snug connection.

Spent 4 calls to the cable Co and one missed appointment over a two week period to have a tech come out to my house and do something in about 2 minutes I coulda done myself just as easily had it been suggested to me over the phone.

So long as you arent brutal with it. It may be worth a shot.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Birdo

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
      • http://wildaces.org
Connection
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2004, 10:30:33 AM »
Perhaps you can make a plea to your provider....  Where I am....
Getting average of 3400K dwn.... so if I take a hit.... not a big deal... I recently had some discos.... which are rare for me.. due to spyware... the ex gf wanted me to download those frickin smileys...of which I did...only to find tons of spyware... smart spyware at that. Caused lots of discos.
Tell your cable provider to get with it and add some bandwidth or something.;)

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Cable Modem otw out?
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2004, 10:38:01 PM »
morph ur modem is losing sync with the network ... even if the kiddies are sucking up bandwith ur modem should lose network conectivity .... is it a terayon modem ??   you are going to have to contact ur provider and have them grep the dhcp logs ... if your losing sync there will be a discovery  message everytime it re syncs itself to the network... usually that means there is a bad connection , or the modem config file needs to be changed . do you have a cable splitter for tv on the same line as the cable modem ? if so remove it and try it ... i work for adelphia ...shhhh i know err... but i see this all the time , it usally means a service call .... any bad weather , or high winds?  some times that can cause problems on the connection at the tap on the main line <> GL bud        38

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Cable Modem otw out?
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2004, 12:11:23 PM »
here's a REAL odd situation that happened with a guy from work with his cable internet:

it would drop just the internet, not the TV randomly. this went on for months. cable tech came out and never found anything, except he was sometimes getting a "weakened" signal for the internet connection part.

turns out the cable went along a wire to a phone pole nearby, and the connector to te main cable line had rusted out 1/2 way. wind was wiggiling the connector and causing the lost connection.

i also had a similar problem at my apartment. i had a tech come out, and he hooked some type of anylizer up, found i had an unstable connection. there was interference somewhere. he moved some of the cables around in the attic of the apartment (where they went into the junction box) and all has been superb since then. even the anlyizer saw a huge jump in stability.

you might want to have a tech come out and look at it.

good luck
I don't know what to put here yet.