Author Topic: The horde thingy  (Read 690 times)

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
The horde thingy
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2004, 07:36:28 AM »
I'm not sure if it is part of the hoarde mentality itself, or just a byproduct of it but I have noticed a real trend over the last year or so. It seems that when a base is being attacked and the owners decide to defend it with any sincerity the attack seems to wither and die only to pop-up again at another (sometimes next door) undefended base. So if the defenders land and re-up at the newly attacked one the attackers move to yet another undefended base. I guess that is more of the mikrunner mentality than the hoard mentality but where's the fun in strafing and bombing an undefended base?

Anyone else noticing this?

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2004, 07:42:25 AM »
"Anyone else noticing this?"

Absolutely. And that behavior began quite a while ago. I haven't flown in the MA in about a year and it was commont before then too.
 Just as it was in AW's "BIGPORK" arena a few years ago also.

Hmmmm.. Is there a link here...... ???  !!!

(Mathamn! Beautiful post!! :)  )

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2004, 08:15:18 AM »
I have noticed that with  60 people on in beta there is absolutely no fighting... there may be a lot of guys circling undefended fields or there may be a dozen guys vultching 2 or 3 burt mostly there is big red or green bars on the map and never the two shal meet.

fields are too far apart.  the only good fights happen near CV's and they die too quick to the spoilers.

lazs

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2004, 09:55:20 AM »
Lasz,

Know what you mean.  Last week there was a tremendous furball around a cv that lasted for hours.  Great fun for all concerned.  Then some dweebs logged on, loaded up ordinance, and nuked it.  End of fight.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2004, 11:52:28 AM »
you forgot "barbie cars".

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2004, 02:39:12 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I have noticed that with  60 people on in beta there is absolutely no fighting...
More guns, less crime. ;)