Author Topic: The horde thingy  (Read 687 times)

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
The horde thingy
« on: June 02, 2004, 03:42:57 PM »
Anybody in here participate in it often? Just wondering how much fun it could be and why.

When my original squad left the bish (ah, the bish, good times there) and went to rook, I discovered I was a little bummed on the rook side because of all the fighting over scraps. Lots of competition for a kill on that side of the fence. However, there are some great rook players, no doubt.

I tend to avoid missions for the same reason, lots of flying, little or no action. It is always fun though when two opposing missions run into each other out of nowhere, drop the ord and duke it out.

It must be a new player or infrequent player phenom, I just can't imagine spending any length of time following the hordes.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 03:51:43 PM »
The hordes are on all sides. Some nights while flying, (most of the time its on the Pizza Map) I just can't take it. Everyone is grouped up ganging any con the find. I'll switch over to the nights or Bish when this happens. Most of the time I will go to the Nights because they have the least amount of players. Also I have to say the Nights are very fun to fly with. Just a good bunch of guys for the most part.

ALL sides have hordes. I never will be the one to side with one country or another. If there is no fights going on for the rooks side and the Nights need some help, I'll go Nit, or I'll go bish depending.

But to say the the rooks are the only country that "hordes" up is wrong. I remember back when the bish had massive numbers. Now its the rooks. Soon, I will bet we will see the nights with more number than the other two sides.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 04:08:09 PM »
Yeah, I haven't been playing long enough to see it rotate around, but I'm sure that's true and inevitable at some point.

Knits have hordes as well, when FBDred calls up a mission, he usually has alot of takers. He'll usually only do a mission or two now and then. Can't think of anybody else who really pulls 'em in though.

On another note, saw a red truck on PCH this morning with a license plate of "CHEQ SIX". Cracked me up, if I see them again, I'm going to ask them if they play AH.

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 04:16:39 PM »
Morph is right.  I have played for extended periods on each of the three sides at various points since I started.  

Rooks, Kights, and Bish each have their share of the following (in no particular order): alt-potatos, dweebs, hoarde-monkeys, HO-tards, good sticks, newbies, luftwhiners, runstangs, roach drivers, flakpotatos, napoleans, exhibitionistic autofelatio practitioners, witty people, half-wits, niki dweebs, spitpotatos, crack monkeys, buff dweebs, score potatos, strat-geeks, nice guys, jerks, helpful people, alt-f4 lemmings, al gore rehash jokers, festabria bobbers, bearded clams, numbers geeks, suicide porkers, whiners, nazis, liberals, conservatives, jap-laggers, warpers, kill stealers, vulchers, twits, furballers, freeballers, sissy mary runners, wash-rinse-repeat "ACM" guys, cherry pickers, BnZ girls, stick-stirrers, el gay seven drivers, humble guys, pile-its, drunks, quiet guys, pubescent quakers, amish technophiles, dorks, jug tards, hellcrap dweebs, run-oh-nines, run-nineties, backwards firing typhoons, f-pork-u's, pee-fifty-runs, hunstangs, goon drivers, goon augerers, gv guys, l337 d00d's, campers, chute shooters, chute shooter whiners, Hartmann wannabees, Gabreski/Johnson wannabees, Rick James wannabees, Drex wannabees, Bong wannabees, bong smokers, "cheaters," cheaters, cable modem cable pullers, engine togglers, carbombers, milk-runners, insane-guys-who-jump-into-the-middle-of-fights-in-a-Ju 87 or 88-and-actually-shoot-everyone-down, beefdarts, lawndarts, Texans, inbreds, you're-a-peein's, Californicators, Kalifornians, Mavericks, Icemans, Sliders, overly sensitive '80s men,  etc.

Sooner or later, you will fall into one of the above groups.  The secret is to not really care if you are in one or even which group you are in.

Offline JB42

• Nickel Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 04:49:04 PM »
On Big maps there are fights for everyone. If you choose to follow the herd, that's what you'll get. The past two nights, the JBz have been defending A144 on the pizza map. No horde fighting. At worst its gets to be maybe 8 on 5. Still good fights for a zone base in the middle of nowhere out in somewhere. So you may have to fly a bit to get to a decent fight. Just go and do it!
" The only thing upping from the CV are lifejackets." - JB15

" Does this Pony make my butt look fat?" - JB11

" I'd rather shoot down 1 Spit in a 109 than 10 109s in a Spit." - JB42

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 05:14:48 PM »
Hmmmm, whats a "roach driver"?

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 05:39:27 PM »
I don't care for the horde. One time on the pizza map, I fought back the enemy advance, and we pushed 'em right back to their own base. Of course, that lit up the long green bardar, which attracted a whole raft of horders. At that point I did a "Littlest Hobo", and buggered off to where I was needed, on another part of the map.

Mathman! Your post reminded me of the "lip-smackin' thirst quenchin'" Pepsi commercial of the 1970s. :lol:lol

Shane - Piss off.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 06:49:05 PM »
Every country has em Kj. It's just a matter of whom is on. If a bunch of guys hook up and start going..It becomes a horde in no time as far as I see it.

No it isn't much fun flying with the horde. I find myself alone or with 1 or 2 guys most of the time. I do get involved in a base defense at times and that tends to be a bit hordish.

Perfect example was last nite..Ended up around some guys...and I swear it was like a pack of wild dogs. Fun to watch...But scraps I'm not into. I like the me vs. 1 or 2 aspect. So I look for lone fights. Tough to find...but....they are out there trust me.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 06:56:53 PM »
Rooks, Kights, and Bish each have their share of the following (in no particular order): alt-potatos, dweebs, hoarde-monkeys, HO-tards, good sticks, newbies, luftwhiners, runstangs, roach drivers, flakpotatos, napoleans, exhibitionistic autofelatio practitioners, witty people, half-wits, niki dweebs, spitpotatos, crack monkeys, buff dweebs, score potatos, strat-geeks, nice guys, jerks, helpful people, alt-f4 lemmings, al gore rehash jokers, festabria bobbers, bearded clams, numbers geeks, suicide porkers, whiners, nazis, liberals, conservatives, jap-laggers, warpers, kill stealers, vulchers, twits, furballers, freeballers, sissy mary runners, wash-rinse-repeat "ACM" guys, cherry pickers, BnZ girls, stick-stirrers, el gay seven drivers, humble guys, pile-its, drunks, quiet guys, pubescent quakers, amish technophiles, dorks, jug tards, hellcrap dweebs, run-oh-nines, run-nineties, backwards firing typhoons, f-pork-u's, pee-fifty-runs, hunstangs, goon drivers, goon augerers, gv guys, l337 d00d's, campers, chute shooters, chute shooter whiners, Hartmann wannabees, Gabreski/Johnson wannabees, Rick James wannabees, Drex wannabees, Bong wannabees, bong smokers, "cheaters," cheaters, cable modem cable pullers, engine togglers, carbombers, milk-runners, insane-guys-who-jump-into-the-middle-of-fights-in-a-Ju 87 or 88-and-actually-shoot-everyone-down, beefdarts, lawndarts, Texans, inbreds, you're-a-peein's, Californicators, Kalifornians, Mavericks, Icemans, Sliders, overly sensitive '80s men, etc.

OMFG! THIS IS GREAT STUFF FOLKS!

ROFLMFAO!

I hope I wasn't the only one who read through it all LOL. You're really missing out on a great laugh LMFAO!

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 06:59:09 PM »
Originally posted by kj714
Hmmmm, whats a "roach driver"?

GV potato, i.e. "tons of roaches on the field"

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 07:35:31 PM »
Okay! there is some funny stuff in there :D

Alt F4 Lemmings cracked me up as did festabria bobbers.

Mathman has been paying attention in class. :)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2004, 07:53:43 PM »
Originally posted by Mathman
Morph is right.  I have played for extended periods on each of the three sides at various points since I started.  

Rooks, Kights, and Bish each have their share of the following (in no particular order): alt-potatos, dweebs, hoarde-monkeys, HO-tards, good sticks, newbies, luftwhiners, runstangs, roach drivers, flakpotatos, napoleans, exhibitionistic autofelatio practitioners, witty people, half-wits, niki dweebs, spitpotatos, crack monkeys, buff dweebs, score potatos, strat-geeks, nice guys, jerks, helpful people, alt-f4 lemmings, al gore rehash jokers, festabria bobbers, bearded clams, numbers geeks, suicide porkers, whiners, nazis, liberals, conservatives, jap-laggers, warpers, kill stealers, vulchers, twits, furballers, freeballers, sissy mary runners, wash-rinse-repeat "ACM" guys, cherry pickers, BnZ girls, stick-stirrers, el gay seven drivers, humble guys, pile-its, drunks, quiet guys, pubescent quakers, amish technophiles, dorks, jug tards, hellcrap dweebs, run-oh-nines, run-nineties, backwards firing typhoons, f-pork-u's, pee-fifty-runs, hunstangs, goon drivers, goon augerers, gv guys, l337 d00d's, campers, chute shooters, chute shooter whiners, Hartmann wannabees, Gabreski/Johnson wannabees, Rick James wannabees, Drex wannabees, Bong wannabees, bong smokers, "cheaters," cheaters, cable modem cable pullers, engine togglers, carbombers, milk-runners, insane-guys-who-jump-into-the-middle-of-fights-in-a-Ju 87 or 88-and-actually-shoot-everyone-down, beefdarts, lawndarts, Texans, inbreds, you're-a-peein's, Californicators, Kalifornians, Mavericks, Icemans, Sliders, overly sensitive '80s men,  etc.

Sooner or later, you will fall into one of the above groups.  The secret is to not really care if you are in one or even which group you are in.

Hey. I resemble that remark
cept for the cablepuller LOL
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2004, 12:12:43 AM »
dam lol thats too much... ROFLMFAO!!!!!

What a classic post!:lol :aok :rofl :D :lol :lol

Offline Wadke

• Nickel Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2004, 01:00:18 AM »
Make Math's post a sticky! :lol :D :rofl

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
The horde thingy
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2004, 01:38:50 AM »
Had to add ya to my sig math. That was great, dunno where ya found time to think/type that all, great non-the-less.