Author Topic: An MA that will satisfy the most everyone...  (Read 633 times)

Offline DocFalconer1

• Zinc Member
An MA that will satisfy the most everyone...
« on: June 04, 2001, 09:00:00 AM »
Make each country have a goon, a fighter, an attack plane, a jabo, and a heavy bomber, then change the arena to the style in FA. There'll be an infrastructure (trains, truck convoys, rail stations, railways) to attack for those who love mudmoving. As long as there's air, there'll be dogfights. Add more factories that are capturable. Make server-controlled tank attacks. Add small towns to the map. And if a certain percent of a town, airfield, railstation, or factory is destroyed (including structures and not acks), then a server controlled tank attack is started. Or just level the field acks and send in a goon.
Divide the arena into 6 countries:

U.S.
Great Britain
U.S.S.R.
Japan
Germany
Italy

You'd only be able to fly planes of a certain nationality, depending upon the country you are playing for--eliminating spit vs. spit fights and niki vs. zeke fights.

So just convert the MA into an arena that will satisfy HA-goers and MA-goers: one similar to the arena in FA--and it won't be Axis vs. Allies--it'll be country vs. country.

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2001, 09:21:00 AM »
Ever thought that if people wanted that, they would be playing FA 2.5 instead of AH?  

SeaWulfe

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2001, 09:24:00 AM »
Cuz some squads have people in them that like to fly different planes.

Someone might like a Spit, someone might like an F4U, someone might like a La5, and another person might like a 109...

They very well can't fly together, but they joined the squad because they COULD fly together before...
-SW

Offline killjoy1

• Copper Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2001, 11:11:00 AM »
The problem with creating a HA in the MA is the 3 countires.  It doesn't work in a 3 way.  

However, I do like the idea of placing mini HA's on the outside edge of the map between the countries.  These fields would change as the map changes but would feature one historical matchup between each boundary.  The matchups would change during the day. Perhaps with missions generated by the arena on a regular basis.

I also like the WW2OL idea of choke points. These serve to focus a battle and resources.

callsigns:  Rexx, Killjoy, Fluffy

Offline DocFalconer1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2001, 01:12:00 PM »
Juzz, do you realize how pathetic the graphics in FA are???  AH's graphics, fligh model, sound, and community is far superior to FA's.  However, FA is superior to AH in the arena aspect.  If HTC changes the MA to one similar to the style arena in FA, then AH will be the superior simulator by far--adding an infrastructure and supply system will add a new aspect to the game.  And: most people in a squad tend to fly planes of the same nationality!  If we can't set up a 6 country (by nationality) arena, at least HTC can add the infrastructure and server controlled tank attacks so the tank busting and attack planes have more of a purpose!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2001, 04:34:00 PM »
This would heavily limit the aircraft I could use.  I would no longer be able to fly a P-38, or a Zero, or a Bf109G-2, or an Il-2, or a Ki61, or an Fw190D-9, or a Ju88, ect, ect.  I fly all of those aircraft in addition to the RAF aircraft that I mostly fly.  To limit me to the RAF aircraft would be to limit me to a choice of 6 out of 47 units (OK, 7 as we'd need a C-47A in RAF colours).  Only having access to a few units when so many are in the game seems silly.

This would also have a huge impact on player complaints about what aircraft their nation has as opposed to the perceived leading nation.

Were this implimented I would only fly RAF aircraft.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Bring the Mosquito FB.MkVI Series 2 to Aces High!!!

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2001, 11:01:00 PM »
most squads i think dont all fly the same planes. i know we do have some historial squads but most are not. this idea would break up squads alot more than even axis&allies.

Trell

Offline B52Charlie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2001, 01:34:00 AM »
WE NEED A REASON TO EXIST !  it just gets toooo mundane getting some nitwit (no pun) suicide into you all the time,  no fun gettin to 20k in b17 only to have some quakeiot just kamakazi you....and the 979 other ways kamakazibrains make this game tooo quakalistic. If this game required you to actually get some skills and use them to survive and rack up kills it would be soo much more enjoyable in the semi-longrun and longrun instead of just up,die,up,die,up,die for so many players.

SeaWulfe

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2001, 07:34:00 AM »
B52Charlie, buy yourself a clue... if these guys keep on dying, they MUST be having fun if they keep doing the same thing over and over.

DUH!
-SW

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2001, 07:56:00 AM »
 Last night the Knights at A27 and us Rooks at A8 had an intense battel going for many,  many hours. A little war that kept see-sawing back and forth as thier fleet and ours met in battle, slugging it out with manned 8" and 5" guns and torpedos.  Both sides attacked each others fleets, bases and landing craft with pt boats. Fighters intercepted the enemy, capped both bases or moved mud to try and deny the enemy facilites to use. The bombers attacked the land bases, the fleets, they defended both and they scouted out positions. Amphibious vehicles of both sides attacked with 75mm mortars against the enemy trying to knock out the tanks, Ostwinds, M16's and manned ack awaiting them. Manned anti aircraft took it on the chin trying to defend thier terra firma.

The gameplay is there, the tools are there and most often so is the opportunity in the arena. You people have to make it happen yourselve as no one can do it for you be it here or any other sim/game including WW2O. FA territorial arena was a superb idea (in a cheesy wrapper - ie. sucky graphics and fm for starters)

Stop waiting for someone to bring it around to you like horse deuvres on a platter.

If you like to furball? Do it. If you want to take a solo B17 to 20K and go on a milk run? Do it.  If you want to play sTRATGO in the main arean? Then just do it.  I only ask that you stop pissing and moaning about it not happening if you've not made it happen. Join a squad to help. Break your caps key! And don't call out what others should do unless you yourself are already doing it. If there is a raid inbound to HQ you better be typing out a warning from the cockpit of your own interceptor wepping it to alt.

(YOU is not anyone in particluar. YOU is for the reader aka community)

<S>

-Westy

Offline B52Charlie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2001, 08:56:00 AM »
Well, get a clue ,  look at near all the 'goodbye' posts and you will find basically the same reasons for leaving. Mainly it just gets boring and frustrating dying and killing with out a better reason.

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2001, 09:04:00 AM »
all those good bye posts dont amount for but a few people.  i think by the number of people flying every day that people like the way it is.   yes i am sure every one would like as least a few things changed or added but for the most part they are happy.  if every one was unhappy there would be no one flying.

[ 06-07-2001: Message edited by: Trell ]

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2001, 09:21:00 AM »
I would hate that MA, as I believe most people would.  If you think you hear whines about aircraft now, wait until the "best" plane is only available to one country.

Hooligan

Offline DocFalconer1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2001, 10:11:00 AM »
Listen...thats why i said every country needs an acceptable fighter, attack plane, jabo, buff, and goon before this idea is implemented.  And: some planes are better in certain areas than others.  For example, the zeke is a great plane for turn fighting, not E-fighting.  So use it for turn fighting.  Every country now has an acceptable fighter.  5 countries need a goon.  4 countries need a buff.  5 countries need an attack plane.  4 countries need a jabo.  All the countries need carrier planes.

Squads?  Who would fly a late-model 190 in a formation of early-model 109's?  Not many people, considering the performance differences.

If you are the kind of person who enjoys mud-moving, join the country with the best mud-moving planes: Russia!  If you like ponies, join the US!  If you like very small, fast planes, join the country with the smallest and fastest of them all, the 109 g-10: Germany!  If you like planes that are good turn fighters, join the Japanese or Italians!  If you like tiffies, join the British!  For god's sake, don't join the americans if you favorite plane is the zeke!

:eek:

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2001, 10:22:00 AM »
I counted 4.. maybe 5 good-bye posts... Out of 200.. 300.. .400? maybe even more people... man that sure ain't much more than a grain in an economy sized container of salt.
-SW