Author Topic: Unsubscribing Accounts  (Read 587 times)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Unsubscribing Accounts
« on: June 04, 2004, 07:44:19 AM »
I used to fly the other sim and this is just a little experience in sim History!  When 2 versions became available those with more powerfull PC's did the download and checked it out.  Lots of folk made the switch but those with lesser PC's couldn't make the change or justify buying new PC's for a JUST a game... fair enough!.

The split in numbers was roughly 40 % went new version with 60 % remaining on the older version.  Couple of factors emerged which were err suprising, refering to those with PC power.  Some guys with PC power didn't switch.  They prefered to stay with their squad mates who couldn't upgrade/switch.  Others stayed because they wouldn't fly a certain colour or with a certain squad that had had a change of colour (bit sad but true).  

The overall effect was the original version had alot of Loyalty BUT it also had the errr SCUM buckets.  I'm not talking about the old timers / decent folk. I'm not talking about those that wouldn't justify PC upgrade.  You know the one's.   Ho'ers, Porkers, Side switchers, Spys, Cloakers and general unskilled No-Names.  The game became HELL:o ...hence my move to AH which I could just about fly with me old PC.

So what am I jabbering on about.......

Old timers / decent folk... don't get cought out stuck with the No-Names.  Try to make an uprade.  You're old PC WILL die on you sooner or later:rolleyes:  Besides WE need your LOYAL squadies in AH II:D

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
Unsubscribing Accounts
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 09:37:09 AM »
TIGER SQUADRON has already made the move to AHII for our squad nights!

Ya Aint Losin' Us!

:aok

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Unsubscribing Accounts
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 10:08:13 AM »
There won't be an AH1 when AH2 opens.

AH1 is gonna close.

It's an end of an era, start of another.

Sure, for the moment HTC really may lose some number of customers.. but in the long run, AH2 is gonna pay off.

As for me, my sympathies to those who couldn't keep up with evolution.

Offline jay1988

• Nickel Member
Unsubscribing Accounts
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 11:19:55 AM »
Since I dont have a new Computer, can I play H2H until i get one for AH2???

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
Unsubscribing Accounts
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 11:21:39 AM »
Yo Stevex?!  sounds familiar ")

Ya cant keep two games open, Im sure HT witnessed how it didnt work in the game I think your refering to.

What perplexes me, is the fact that the other game isnt making a strong marketing push for new/old subscribers at this time of transition here, as HTC did when they were in this stage.
Cooleyof 367th

Online nopoop

• Gold Member
Unsubscribing Accounts
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 02:06:19 PM »
Prolly cuz if their box won't run AHII,  it won't run the other game either.

Posted requirments:

• Pentium III, 600 MHz or above.
• Compatible with Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP.
• 256 MB RAM, 384 recommended for best play.
• DirectX 9.0
• DirectX compatible sound card.
• 32 MB DirectX compatible graphics card with transform lighting.

Last time in a couple of months back with an AMD 1.2 with 512ram and a GeForce 2 card gave me "passable" frame rates. Low twenties in high action/graphic situations.

Same setup in AHII before my new box I was getting 45fps in the tower by tweaking with graphic detail etc. 50 or better flying regardless of envirement.  The AHII engine is easier on the box.

If you don't have any juice left in the box, your kinda watching the world go by regardless of your vantage point.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Unsubscribing Accounts
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 02:54:42 PM »
"..for the moment HTC really may lose some number of customers"

I'd be willing to bet the number of players who leave would be nothing in comparison to the numbers that already have quit due to the "aging" of AH-1.

I'd further wager that the number of people who unsubscribe, because of the change-over, would be a mere fraction of those who would would end up leaving over the course of the next year if HTC didn't develop AH to be competative, let alone THE leader again, in the MMPOG  (WWII genre) world.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Unsubscribing Accounts
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2004, 06:32:09 PM »
Well stated Westy!
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Lazer

• Nickel Member
Unsubscribing Accounts
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2004, 07:12:07 PM »
How do you put an account on hold?

Offline jay1988