Author Topic: New PC for AHII Suggestion... under $800  (Read 574 times)

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
New PC for AHII Suggestion... under $800
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2004, 11:50:35 AM »
In dutch dell means slut.
u can get a system at about 400 euros here.

u will  have an amd  2500+ with an ati 9600 in it
without monitor.

Ill bet u can get it cheaper in the US.

for about 1000 euros u can get a top system with pentium4 and 1000mb ram in it with a better video card.

Btw i run easily over 100 frames now and i see no real differences in framerate between 1 and 2.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2004, 01:20:23 PM »
I built a high performance system out of my Dell 4300, which suffered a motherboard failure. I kept all the drives, keyboard, sound card, the new ATI 9600XT, modem, speakers (with amp) and the monitor.

I bought a new case, motherboard, CPU, power supply and added another hard drive.

For considerably less than $500, I have a terrific machine that will not require serious upgrading for at least two years (see specs below)

The only limiting factor is the 85 Hz monitor, but that is still adequate for running everything, including AH2. With Vsync on, I'm pulling 80-85 fps with the graphics turned up to max, virtually the same as with AH1.

So, you guys with older machines can still upgrade without buying a whole system. If you are confident that you can do the work yourself, you can save considerable money. Typically, all you really need is a new case, motherboard, CPU and maybe new video card.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
Gaming PC's
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2004, 10:55:35 AM »
OR !!!!

Call me or one my tech's at Marin Computer in WA State.  We have been building PC's & servers for over 10 yrs.
Our speciality is Pro workstations and Gaming systems.
I'm not saying that "Dell's" are bad, but thier componets are substandard and they farm ALL of their tech support to foreign country.
You can call us anytime, we all speak english and know the product very well. Plus we are all gamers and computer enthusiasts. We know what works with what and what doesn't.
All systems are custom assembled to very high standards with what the CLIENT wants not what we think they should have. In the event that the client doesn't know what to buy, we can give you all the in's & out's on what to get and why.
You can log on to our website for store hours and location.
http://www.marincomp.com

Have fun
:cool:

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2004, 11:17:02 AM »
The only limiting factor is the 85 Hz monitor, but that is still adequate for running everything, including AH2. With Vsync on, I'm pulling 80-85 fps with the graphics turned up to max, virtually the same as with AH1.

Anything over 50 frps is just gravy really.

The human eye wont be able to tell the difference between 60 or 80 or even 100 frps.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.