Author Topic: Sounds inside the cockpits and......other stuff  (Read 225 times)

Offline clouds

• Copper Member
Sounds inside the cockpits and......other stuff
« on: June 07, 2004, 04:55:18 AM »
Hi gents.
I've noticed in AH2 sounds inside every cockpit are low, too low compared with the ones in AH1.

In AH1 you could know the position of an inbound plane just hearing its engine sound.

It is not so in AH2, why ? (I use the sounds to max loud without hearing inbound planes).

When you are in back side view while  chased by and enemy plane that is firing at you (and he has not tracers enabled) you can't see his muzzle flashes and you can't hear his weapons sound too, why ? (so you can't take the correct evasives because you know when he is firing at you too late when you are hitted).

I've noticed in Falcon4, when you hit another plane you hear the impact sound of the rounds over the enemy fuselage. why you don't implement this even in AH2 ?

WWII's planes like modern ones, many times shows contrails while they are turning hard, and these are very well seen from far away. These are a very good cue to estimate the enemy direction of travel, why you don't implement this stuff ?

And last but not least, I would preferred  a pan view during padlocking instead of snap views because snap views are confusing and there is not  a cue on the canopy that give you a clear perception of where are you watching to in relation to   your plane direction and most of all to the ground position. Actually padlock views are totally not useful.

Thanks for any reply
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 05:16:59 AM by clouds »

Offline FOGOLD

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 06:22:48 AM »
Don't get this one. I'm sure you would never be able to hear ANYTHING outside your own cockpit, especially with helmet and comms over your ears.:confused:

Offline clouds

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 06:38:02 AM »
Hi FOGOLD :)

I'm sure your father could give us the correct response since he took part in the real BoB.

Have a nice day m8 :aok