Author Topic: Beta 40  (Read 296 times)

Offline AWCHKRS

• Copper Member
Beta 40
« on: June 07, 2004, 08:43:53 PM »
SUN GLARE HAS TAKEN OVER GAME , hard to look at monitor for over 5/10 minutes ....

CHECKERS ..............out !

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
Beta 40
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 11:09:34 PM »
for me, patch 40 is a lot jumpier than all the previous patches.  usually the screen freezes hit during the fight.  but, in patch 40, my screen would jump both in and out of the fights.  :(

sucks.

Offline AWCHKRS

• Copper Member
screen freezes
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 09:44:43 AM »
I have screen shots of sunglare at an east heading from deck to alts of 20 K that are like looking at a welders flash in Beta 40 .
 I  also continued towards target base and once past it turned around and headed back, with sun at my back , on looking view left in level flight, or looking view right  better than half of the P 51 D wing textures and markings were just an outline of " frosted white " from sun glare no,  flap outline no paint , nothing .  views looking , back left and back right were like looking into an arc from a torch . Looking due west and down at the target base was like looking thru a bright  partical haze  .  ... My concern is, playing AcesHigh 2 for long periods of time,  that this blowtorch sunglare causes me un due eye strain .Staining to try and keep from flying into a gangbangs and other dumb moves  , simply because of the damn glare imposed (again) ,  into this beta 40.
 I had to come  away from it three different times , yesterday only after a short time , my eyes were simply blown.  In the brief short (one flight just before Beta 40 was released ) in Beta 39 , the sun glare wasn't objectionable .  

Simply put if this is the way the arena sky textures are going to be in AH 2 , then I will not beable  to continue to play , and that thought really " sucks !! . In AH 1 I have never  encountered eye strain , even after rainy day ,  6/8  to hour sessions all day playing .  
 As for screen stutter and mini freezes ? yes their back also . Frame rates also took a hit  , my frame rates usally run at 100 sitting on runway , and on take off go right to  120 and just stay their , furball or alone in arena . Frame rate hits are 40 neg or down from before beta 40 . did the catch clearing deal and soforth . ...

CHECKERS