Author Topic: Cheating  (Read 276 times)

TT

Cheating
« on: January 06, 2000, 03:17:00 PM »
 I lost about a dozen kills last night. They must have done something akin to alt f4 (I did,nt think that worked any more). No doubt some really discoed. But all of them? For example, I couldnt catch a B17. So I begain to question his manhood . It worked. And he turned around and came back. After i blew his tail section off, I hung around and watched him auger down. (There were no other cons around). I never got a message or an asst.

I do have film of a couple of these. But I cant figure out how to post. If there is a way to bail out of the game, and cheat the other guy out of a kill, this should be fixed. I dont care if someone wants to alt f4 to avoid the ride down, I do that myself.  As long as the kill is awarded.

Offline Azrael

• Zinc Member
Cheating
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2000, 03:25:00 PM »
Well if you don't care yourself to shorten the ride down w/ alt-F4 you don't have any right to complain i feel. You're gaming the game like everyone else who is (maybe) shortening the ride down and the bailout by hitting alt-f4.

Az

------------------
Azrael
 Red Dragons

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
Cheating
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2000, 03:43:00 PM »

Originally posted by TT:-snip-
 I dont care if someone wants to alt f4 to avoid the ride down, I do that myself.  As long as the kill is awarded.

How can Alt-f4 save you more time than jumping from plane, falling, and refusing to pull ripcord? If you Alt-F4 you have to relog, and that must take longer than a freefall.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Cheating
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2000, 03:57:00 PM »
TT, I know who the b17 at 2 was last night.  It was me.    I hate to tell you, but the reason you didn't get the kill was because I accidently ripped my tail off pulling out of a sharp turn.  If you shot me, I heard and saw no pings, then there is a bug.  All I know is I was lining up for another pass on 2 when I pulled up and, bang, off came the tail.  Within 25 seconds I had augered into the ground.  When I hit the ground I had no damage to my b17 from you, which is why you didn't get the kill.

(I was disappointed too, because I had been losing ONLY to you all night long.   I would have enjoyed the chance to put a few holes in that n1k of yours.)

Just to back you up though, I too have been losing what should have been kills myself.  Just the other day I watched a spit go down in flames, but no kill.  Although I am surprised you didn't get a proximity kill, you were pretty close to me?!?  My guess is that it was a bug, as I am currently on a 10baseT network, so I wasn't discoed, and I also never alt-F4.  (You do get a kill if someone alt-F4's on you don't you?)

Just thought you might like to hear the other side of the story.  Unfortunately, in this case, I killed myself.  

TT

Cheating
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2000, 04:25:00 PM »
 That must have been some other B17 i sawed the tail off of at 350 yrds  

With lag in mind, I suppose it is possible it broke a second befor I fired. On my FE I came up under you and lit up your tail section. It was a whole plane when I fired. Even if you broke it. The hit sprites I registered should have gave me the kill. But, I guess it is an explanation of sorts for this one.

[This message has been edited by TT (edited 01-06-2000).]

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Cheating
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2000, 04:38:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure it was you.  TT, please look at the thread "bits and pieces" just above.
I just checked my 6, you were 1.5k away from me at the time, I'm sure of it.  Could lag be the cause for some of this?  I'm on a high speed network, so I know it wasn't my direct connection.
Either way, you should have gotten a proximity kill from me.  Pyro, what's going on here?

TT

Cheating
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2000, 04:47:00 PM »
 BTW you did put a few holes in my plane the first time you turned. Thats why I went agfter you. This should have been enough to give me a manuver kill on its own.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Cheating
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2000, 04:54:00 PM »
Now I know we have a problem.  I did fire at you on the first pass when you were below me, but I didn't see any pings.  This is probably due to lag, but you most definately should have gotten a kill when I augered, even though I broke my own tail off.
This is very strange ...

My guess is it has something to do with the problems with connections that others are reporting just now.

[This message has been edited by bloom25 (edited 01-06-2000).]

TT

Cheating
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2000, 07:26:00 PM »
 For you guys on the alt f4 thing. I have found I get alot less of this rubber bullit thing if I relog often. Alt f4 is just a fast way to relog. Part of the reason I brought it up was to make sure ppl were getting credit when I alt f4. I was sure someone would be quick to tell me if not

Other than that. If you get the kill. What do you care what kind of a funeral I have .

Wimp

Cheating
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2000, 08:12:00 AM »
TT alt-f4 does not always give credit for death.

I have killed several people only to have them alt-f4 before hitting the ground and got nothing for it.

TT wrote:
 "Alt f4 is just a fast way to relog. Part of the reason I brought it up was to make sure ppl were getting credit when I alt f4.
 I was sure someone would be quick to tell me if not."

No matter what your reasons are for doing it it still looks like to the pilot that killed you that you are only trying to avoid the death and keep them from getting credit for the kill.

No this is not a flame I'm just trying to let you know what some people think.

------------------
Dewey
Wimp
Mighty1

Baby Harp Seals