Author Topic: Chirac in the US and not going to attend Reagan's funeral?  (Read 2240 times)

Offline lada

• Silver Member
Chirac in the US and not going to attend Reagan's funeral?
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2004, 02:15:07 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Osama is a blow hard terrorist and never did speak for all of Afghanistan.

Aug 6th, 1945, first bomb. Aug 9th, 1945, second bomb. Aug 10th, 1945, unconditional surrender.

yup and what were between ?

Ahhh.... so what were reason to invade afghanistan ?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2004, 02:18:07 PM »
Originally posted by lada
yup and what were between ?

Ahhh.... so what were reason to invade afghanistan ?

Figured you could discern that for yourself. Ok, There was the first bomb. Then, 3 days later, with no surrender forthcoming, another. Next day they surrendered unconditionally.

Regarding Afghanistan, are you trying to make a point or are you really in the dark as to why the US invaded?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2004, 03:15:49 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Figured you could discern that for yourself. Ok, There was the first bomb. Then, 3 days later, with no surrender forthcoming, another. Next day they surrendered unconditionally.

Regarding Afghanistan, are you trying to make a point or are you really in the dark as to why the US invaded?

Sure killing civilians day by day and in name of whatever is realy better that kill some and ask for surrender. What a cool habbits.

yes come on tell me what were purpose to invade Afg. when you do not agree that it were Osama and his statements.

may be US market need more opium ? :rolleyes:

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2004, 03:26:19 PM »
Originally posted by lada
Sure killing civilians day by day and in name of whatever is realy better that kill some and ask for surrender. What a cool habbits.

yes come on tell me what were purpose to invade Afg. when you do not agree that it were Osama and his statements.

may be US market need more opium ? :rolleyes:

I'll try to decipher and respond, at least to your second statement. The first seems only a rant to which I won't further respond.

I do agree that the US invaded Afghanistan to eliminate Al-Queada when the Taliban refused to hand over it's leader. My previous comment about Afghanistan was in stating we didn't nuke them when you asked why not was because it wasn't necessary in order to rid Afghanistan of the terrorists that attacked us. Did you forget about the ruthless attack against one of our major cities on 9/11?

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2004, 04:05:12 PM »
now there's something alot of us have forgotten...

Where The Fug is Osama.....thought he was no.1 on the hit list....or did georgie boy change his mind

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2004, 04:11:14 PM »
Originally posted by SLO

Where The Fug is Osama.....thought he was no.1 on the hit list....or did georgie boy change his mind

There may come a day when we wished we had nuked him. Still, I think we'll find him before he can be party to any more destruction against us.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2004, 04:42:15 PM »
The main point of Chirac's non-attendance is that he missed an opportunity to change American opinion about the French.  Contrary to what Kerry has said, among other more out of control liberals (Dean and Gore come to mind), Bush has not done anything or said anything to purposefully alienate the countries of Europe.  He has not used inflamatory rhetoric or US power against either the French in general or Chirac in particular.  Indeed, President Bush has gone out of his way to make it clear that while he was disappointed by the lack of support from France, Germany, and Russia in dealing with Iraq, he still considered those countries as friends and allies.  The American people, on the other hand, have made it clear that they considered the policies of France (and to a lessor extent, Germany and Russia) as a betrayal by a country we thought we could trust.  

Chirac could have taken this opportunity to try to heal that rift between our countries (something the US Administration has been trying to do since the Iraq invasion) by showing Americans that he does not see us as a potential foe.  Rather, that our two countries stood side by side (even after France's withdrawal from NATO's military alliance) during Reagan's watch to oppose the evil of communism.  He showed himself to be far more inept as a statesman than either Reagan or President Bush.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2004, 04:42:42 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Come to think of it, I think they should "eminent domain" all land within 600 yards of the Capitol and use that for Arlington's expansion. Then make them walk to work from parking lots outside the 600 yards. It'd give them time to reflect.

Gee, I am cranky tonight!

cranky yes,

correct yes...

Politicians see not the human results of their posturing, only the "bottomline" as it helps their party.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2004, 04:49:16 PM »
Originally posted by SLO

Osama is rotting in a collapsed hole somewhere on the Afghani/Pakistani border...

Confirming that only makes him a martyr...
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2004, 04:52:28 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
What have they done to deserve this bashing?

Absolutely nothing

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2004, 05:49:03 PM »
OK, that's just funny :)
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2004, 07:59:01 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
But of course you do!

BTW, if that little hissy fit was meant for me, it's obvious you don't know merde about international aviation.

Put "ICAO" in Google. It would be a start on lifting the veil of darkness.

Ta.

lifting the veil of darkness....too funny

what you seem to forget is TERRITORY....If they didn't let you fly over France...maybe they had there reasons....ever try to find WHY before you ranted like a usual mindless clown

and who are you to JUDGE them.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2004, 10:44:20 PM »
You're just ignorant chum

I see you didn't research ICAO. Given that you clearly don't understand international aviation it's not suprising you post such drivel.

From this last bit, it also appears you didn't read what I posted... well, didn't comprend it anyway. Not suprising.

You're a boring, one-sided little Putz.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2004, 08:46:31 AM »
where he is from being a boring little one sided putz is pretty much the rule.

lazs