Author Topic: What's your dream car?  (Read 1452 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2004, 12:48:57 PM »
yes and no.

Yes, open road.

No, stuck in traffic with no A/C and all that heat from the motor. And every "Ricer" and kid that took his moms old ford LTD wagon and put craigers on it wants to race. Mostly I get alot of thumbs up. It's just some Aholes that tailgate you and "rev" their widdle 4cyclinders cause it has a neon yellow paint job to match the rear spoiler thats 3 times the size of the car with the neon tubes under the car flashing to the beat of some Rap music played at a volume of a 747 jet engine.... other than that it's  SWEET!!! Oh and she don't run on Reg:(

NUTTZ

Originally posted by lazs2
nice car nuttz.. it is fun to drive the old muscle cars every day isn't it? .

lazs

Offline SLCR

• Copper Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2004, 04:34:47 PM »
Porsche...There is no substitute.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 05:00:18 PM by SLCR »

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2004, 04:41:04 PM »
that porsche is gorgeous!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2004, 10:17:25 AM »
nuttz.. I understand.. An El Camino with black interior is pretty warm in Sacramento area in the summer.   I bought a vinatage air system for the car.  It is air conditioning and heater/defroster all in one unit.   It all fits under the dash and the contols are duplicates of factory controls but electic instead of cable... modern compressor with 134.   I ran it for like an hour and a half in stop and go freeway parking lot traffic with outside temp over 100....  the 468 never got over about 200 degrees..

I have power steering and power disc brakes but the real problem with the car is that I have a 3200 lb clutch and 6 speed.. left leg gets a mite sore..  1st gear is real low tho so I can stay off the clutch a lot.

best thing about the vintage air system is that it all fit under the dash and I got rid of about 100 lbs of antique GM heater and air conditioner that was spred out all over the car... used to be allmost impossible to get the passenger side plug because of the air and heater box on the firewall... that is all gone now and plaugs take like 10 minutes tops to change.

yep.. gotta run premium tho..  car will idle all day with it's mild but still lumpy cam.   12 bolt posi with 3.31 gears.   with the six speed, 70 mph is 2,200 RPM.  

lazs

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2004, 06:16:58 PM »
Went with a 4 core deep radiator, used to use the "cool can" remember those in the 70's? can of ice and coil the fuel line threw it so you don't get vapor lock. I had an aluminum intake manifold but went back to stock, the aluminium just attracked to much heat. Had to go back to the old slobberjet carb. The Holley's are just too tempermental anymore, run one day need to re-adjust the next, and park it for a few weeks or store for winter, thats the end of the seals.  So slobberjet it is. I know the after market A/C underdash do work well, i decided to forgo the A/C on this car and found speakers to fit into the A/C ball openings in the dash. The Ragtop really doesn't need A/C:)

LOL< your clutch problem i remember well, my Bro dropped a 350 into an old vega with a 4 speed, all manual steering, brakes, ETC. and had to drive it threw manhattan... WOW My one leg was the size of Swartzzeneggers, And the torque was so bad , you could only "suggest" a Turn. I broke so may clutch cables in that car.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by lazs2
nuttz.. I understand.. An El Camino with black interior is pretty warm in Sacramento area in the summer.   I bought a vinatage air system for the car.  It is air conditioning and heater/defroster all in one unit.   It all fits under the dash and the contols are duplicates of factory controls but electic instead of cable... modern compressor with 134.   I ran it for like an hour and a half in stop and go freeway parking lot traffic with outside temp over 100....  the 468 never got over about 200 degrees..

I have power steering and power disc brakes but the real problem with the car is that I have a 3200 lb clutch and 6 speed.. left leg gets a mite sore..  1st gear is real low tho so I can stay off the clutch a lot.

best thing about the vintage air system is that it all fit under the dash and I got rid of about 100 lbs of antique GM heater and air conditioner that was spred out all over the car... used to be allmost impossible to get the passenger side plug because of the air and heater box on the firewall... that is all gone now and plaugs take like 10 minutes tops to change.

yep.. gotta run premium tho..  car will idle all day with it's mild but still lumpy cam.   12 bolt posi with 3.31 gears.   with the six speed, 70 mph is 2,200 RPM.  

lazs

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2004, 06:44:30 PM »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
What's your dream car?
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2004, 08:55:23 AM »
nuttz... except for cost there is no downside to the vintage air air conditioner..  I have had convertables and found air to be very useful in em.

I have a sred bore aluminum manifold on my 468 and use an edelbrock version of the quadrajet.   this is an 850 cfm carb with adjustments for all ranges and secondaryu opening.  GM never built a quadrajet over 750 cfm but this is a new casting by acme... it is a pricey carb but so far (2 years) it has been worth it.

lazs