Author Topic: Nobody can tell me...  (Read 6864 times)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #330 on: June 14, 2004, 02:13:00 AM »
So I take it you were against the sanction policy....?

'cause the 1.3 million (max) were killed in that failed policy.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #331 on: June 14, 2004, 02:15:11 AM »
It's all failed.

Thing now is to tip toe outta there wearing a big arse wink and a grin and hope they get the joke.

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #332 on: June 14, 2004, 04:13:11 AM »
Okay people, now I see it, this is the most insightful thread about world problems I have seen in my entire life...

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!

Triumph

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #333 on: June 14, 2004, 09:05:11 AM »
What world are you living in? Oh, wait. Nevermind.

You sling charges of "hypocrisy" at me and ignore that I'm doing exactly what I said I'd do.

You feel that a flat out blind guess is preferable to believing my government. That guessing wrong the other couldn't possibly have serious consequences for the US.

What I said was you "felt there was no proof". That's fine for your guess, but it isn't necessarily true. Wasn't then, isn't now.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #334 on: June 14, 2004, 10:43:38 AM »
"BTW, did YOU have absolute proof of your position prior to the war? What would you have done if the troops had found the WMD?
"
Is it so hard to see or so against common scense and decency that the onus of proof should be on the aggressor?  
You, like me probably watched Powells testimony at the UN live.
What did you think? Did you see any "evidence" of WMD? Did you think that the fact that a pick up truck was at a bunker one week then gone the next was evidence enough for war?

No reasonable person would have accepted the reasons for the invasion. That you have come arround to rejecting them is great. You might grow more by figureing out how you were deluded into accepting the invasion when the evidence against it was being presented to you loud and clear pre war.

As to Iraq. What I hear from you is "Our mistake, your fault. "

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #335 on: June 14, 2004, 11:22:37 AM »
This thread has turned into a real monster.

Where's Van Helsing when you need him?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #336 on: June 14, 2004, 11:40:39 AM »
I thought Powell made the case.

There's ample evidence (even here on this BBS) that different opinions on Iraq's WMD were held by intelligent people. Your position may have been clear to you, but I'm sure you realize differing opinions were just as clear to others.

Also, you, like most of us "knew what you read in the papers". You're smart enough to know that not all the information makes the papers and even less in it's correct form. It boils down to whether you trust your goverment or not. I trusted ours and it wasn't the only one saying they had WMD.

evidence against it was being presented to you loud and clear pre war

Obviously, I disagree. That may have seemed l/c to you, but not to me.

"Our mistake, your fault"

What? What is this? Research what I said nearly two years ago. I said I'd support it but also said after a reasonable time I'd require proof.

The proof has not yet materialized and my personal "reasonable time" has expired. That's all there is to it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
Nobody can tell me...
« Reply #337 on: June 14, 2004, 12:05:58 PM »
Time for volume 2 of this book.