Author Topic: Some Killer Flight Video...  (Read 1577 times)

Offline 2Hawks

• Nickel Member
      • http://daniel.clanbaker.com
Some Killer Flight Video...
« on: June 10, 2004, 11:42:08 PM »
Hey, I found these actual film clips on the net, seems the new Bomber Damage model is spot on...

Warning, it's BIG.... You may want to save it locally before playing.

Luftwaffe Gun FIlm

VWE

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 09:04:36 AM »
Cool beans... o.k. u dialup weenies, start your down load then go to bed and when you wakeup it'll be half done! :D

About a quarter way into the film there is a long slow mo of a 110-G2 attacking a B-17, when its gets real close and banks away does it not look like that 17 has 2 ball turrets? And what the heck are these gunners doing... sleeping? Not a single gun is shootin back...

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 09:58:34 AM »
Originally posted by VWE
Cool beans... o.k. u dialup weenies, start your down load then go to bed and when you wakeup it'll be half done! :D

About a quarter way into the film there is a long slow mo of a 110-G2 attacking a B-17, when its gets real close and banks away does it not look like that 17 has 2 ball turrets? And what the heck are these gunners doing... sleeping? Not a single gun is shootin back...

Yeah, but look how much ammo he uses on the B-17.  Good grief could that plane take a beating!!!
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 11:13:45 AM »
Originally posted by VWE

They prolly are either, Dead, out of ammo, no tracers, or not firing because it is lined up with another b17 and stray bullets might hit it..

I'll take a look at it when It's done..

BTW I just started and it's half done..
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 11:20:30 AM »
The two ball guns you saw one was the ball gunner the other the nose gunner. Most likely they were all dead.. Or the hydralucs wasn't working..
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 01:19:11 PM »
probably bailed out.  i know the clip you mean, if i remember correctly isnt the ball turret pointing down in the door open position?

going on long memory here.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline cobra427

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 06:37:32 PM »
dont know how many times ive seen that posted here :)

but im not sure but didnt germans use captured allied bombers for target training? or tests? if so then that could be why none of the gunners are shoot'n

Offline OntosMk1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2004, 04:48:51 AM »
Ok, after watching that over and over and over I've found a couple things out.

On the first 110G-2 v B-17 either guncrew are dead/wounded or have already bailed and pilot trying to nurse home. No gun positions are moving or in action through clip.

On the 190a-7 v P51C, That pilot is VERY lucky to be alive. I saw only minimal hits and none on critical areas.

On the 190a-7 v B17, he is getting hits on trailing Buff but the one infront's tailgunner is shooting at him and scoring hits. Look for the tracer and the puffs of smoke indicating weapons fire. Also note muzzle flashes.

On the second 110G-2 v B17,  On the run up the tailgunner is very much still there along with the Ball turret gunner. You can see short burst, small puffs of smoke, coming from the tailgunner area and lower fuselage. At some point the TG and Ball turret take a couple of direct hits either wounding or killing the poor guys. Notice how the Ball turret is pointing down. This is the only way the gunner can exit the turret so we can only hope he wasnt in the turret when it got tagged. when the 110 gets reeal close you can see smoke coming from within the B17, which means there is a fire within the A/C. In any case, It sucked to be the Buff.

190 v P38j/L, Once again the pilot is VERY lucky. I saw no critical hits during the 190s pass. Im sure though that the 38 was heavily damaged just due to the fact he was flying straight and steady for such a long time. Note that all his wingies are getting the flock out of dodge.

190A-8 v Lagg-5, I really hope the pilot bailed/lived through that but besides the mortality thing. :rofl  I luv seeing russian hardware getting smashed.

190A-8 v B-24, There's no way either tailgunner or waist gunners lived through that hailstorm. TG is shredded on intial burst while mid fuselage gets peppered also.

190A-7 v P47C(razorback), All i can say about this footage is, WOW, :eek:  Notice how the Jug take a 20mm/30mm hit near wing root and still manages to fly/evade. P47s where simply amazing machines.

190A-7 v P51D, Stupid pony driver trying to HO a Butcher bird. :rolleyes:  Poor tactics leading to the pony taking very bad damage.

and last we have a 190A-7 hitting a couple of Soviet DB-3s.
:rofl

Sorry for the Length. I'm bored and its stupid o clock in the morning;)
TIGER, tiger, burning bright  
In the forests of the night,  
What immortal hand or eye  
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2004, 03:26:04 AM »
GREAT FOOTAGE!

I was talking to the Jug pilot..."GET OUTTA THERE, DAMMIT!"

If you find more of these, please share them.  Loved seeing it.  :)

Thank you,

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 03:17:37 AM »
Very surprising to see that 190A-7 completely owning the P-47 in what seemed like a relatively slow turning fight at medium altitude.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2004, 12:44:20 AM »
This was real life it didnt matter what plane u were flyin it mattered who was flying it. I'v seen MANY videos of 190s completely out turning spits and hurris.

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2004, 02:18:59 AM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
This was real life it didnt matter what plane u were flyin it mattered who was flying it. I'v seen MANY videos of 190s completely out turning spits and hurris.

Let's see those videos, TK.  :)   Please post 'em.

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2004, 03:37:42 AM »
Originally posted by TBolt A-10
Let's see those videos, TK.  :)   Please post 'em.

Yah I want to see these videos. Give me proof!

Offline OntosMk1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2004, 05:14:59 PM »
I too have seen gun camera footage of Spits and Hurricanes getting owned by 190's, 110's, and 109's. In turn i've also seen footage of 109s trying to turn with spits and just get left behind. It all comes down to if the pilot is on top of things. Most pilots came back with bullet holes in their A/C and never new they were being shot at :eek:
Lack of Situational Awareness is a bad thing in A2A:D
TIGER, tiger, burning bright  
In the forests of the night,  
What immortal hand or eye  
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2004, 05:15:27 PM »
watch the history ch. and dis. wings ch.