Author Topic: This weeks setup Battle of Britain  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
This weeks setup Battle of Britain
« on: June 12, 2004, 01:03:36 AM »
Battle of Britain

It's mid 1940, and the Battle for England is in full throw.  Hitler's bombers and fighters are wreaking havoc over the islands.  It's dangerous for naval shipping over the channel and as a result Churchill's pulled back all patrols in the area.  Hitler sizes up his opponent through daytime raids and is planning to smash Britain to her knees.

Allies
Boston
Hurri I
Spit I
C-47
M-Series
Panzer

Axis
Bf 109E-4
Bf 110C-4
Ju-88
Ju-87
Ju-52(C-47)
M-Series
Panzer

Arena
Fuel: 1.5
Dar: historical
Field Downtimes: 30 minutes
All other CT standards
PT boats at ports
No CV's
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 01:21:36 AM »
w00t! :D
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 01:26:01 AM »
Originally posted by DJ111
w00t! :D
wEEp! :D
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 01:29:07 AM »
Finally!  Early BoB!  About time!

MEH! :D

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 01:34:13 AM »
Originally posted by DJ111
Nooo!!  WHERE"S ACKINAWA!  CHANGE IT!

MEH! :D
Heh, He got the point. :D :lol
Rafe35

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 01:35:49 AM »
Go to sleep dangit!

AKINAWA

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2004, 01:43:30 AM »
Well, Mister Fork, I like your setup and I wish I could give you Medal of Honor, but I cant afford one and I only can afford is:

Good job.

:)
Rafe35

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2004, 01:44:41 AM »
Go back to O'Club.... im gettin tired + a waterbug just ran across my foot... :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2004, 02:29:17 AM »
Eliminate formations and ditch the 110 would be my suggestion to better immerse the setup but hey .... ShruG .... it's all good I reckon. :D

« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 02:51:52 AM by Arlo »

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2004, 07:53:20 AM »
Why would you ditch the 110? The 110C4/B while not the standard 110 in the BoB it was in operation and flown by Erprobungsgruppe 210 in jabo raids against airfields, radar stations and ports.

There were a number of experten (5 + kills) in Erprobungsgruppe 210 that flew the 110C4/b.

See this book:

MESSERSCHMITT BF 110 BOMBSIGHTS OVER ENGLAND: Erprobungsgruppe 210 in the Battle of Britain

By John Vasco

ISBN:
0 7643 1445

Write up for the book...

The activities of Erprobungsgruppe 210 over southern England during the bitter fighting of summer 1940 are recorded here in depth. The detailed text is divided into separate chapters, one for each of the months from July through October 1940 and one covering November 1940 through April 1941. The comprehensive operational history provided in the text is accompanied by more than 280 original period photographs, most previously unpublished from the private collections of veterans of the unit, or their surviving relatives. The extensive appendices include a complete damage/loss list from July 1940 to April 1941, technical information on the Me Bf 110C-6 and the Seilbomben, Flugbuch (Flight Book) entries and post-combat reports, and a complete set of color profiles of aircraft of the squadron. Formed on July 1, 1940 Erprobungsgruppe 210 was given the task of operationally testing the standard fighters on charge with the Luftwaffe in new and different roles. Their main role was the use of the Messerschmitt 109 and 110 as fighter-bombers, lacking both the level flight of the conventional bomber and the steep dive of the Stuka. The mode of attack was the shallow dive, using only the standard Revi gunsight as a bombsight to line-up the target. They were also the only unit in 1940 to operate the Messerschmitt Bf 110C-6, the version that carried a 30mm MG 101 Kanone in place of the standard 2 x 20mm Kanone. Information is provided here on Seilbomben, a weapon which the unit would have used to black-out the electricity network in the south-east of England had an invasion taken place in 1940. In filling a significant gap concerning Luftwaffe fighter-bomber raids over England during the Battle of Britain, and correcting the still-frequent inaccuracies which are to be seen in other written works concerning the unit, this book will appeal to the general reader, enthusiast and modeler alike.

If you ditch something, ditch the c47 for the Axis...

storch

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2004, 07:51:20 AM »
This weeks set up, Battle of Britain.............stinks!! :D

Offline gear

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2004, 10:35:43 AM »
If you ditch something, ditch the c47 for the Axis
If they take our goon away then it would just be another furball arena like last week and that would make this a boring week.
 Wasn't the BOB the perlude to the Axsis's planned invasion of the english island? Well if there are no transports how can this sceneio work?:aok
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 12:15:26 PM by gear »

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2004, 12:38:05 PM »
Does anyone just fly for the enjoyment or to get the upper hand everytime.... Probably the last week of AH1 and people are fighting over planesets... I am sure there will be enough time for that in AH2 CT...

"Screw balance, Just Fly"
Grits-

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 11:34:05 AM »
Just wanted to say again, thanks, Fork, for doing Battle of Britain.  This is, to my mind, the absolute best of all the CT setups.

- oldman

Offline DktrEvil

• Copper Member
      • TheFunZone.com
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2004, 12:46:08 PM »
Herr Fork,
Mustafa and I are enjoying the setup this week.  I was informed that only Buffs, Goons and Vehicles set the base to flashing, that is nice too!

I appreciate your flexibility at trying truly different radar settings.  

Maybe someday we could try a "no-icon" setup to get a feel for what pilots really had to go through in WWII.  Aircraft identification was a big factor in living or dying. If nothing else, just for a few hours or a day or so, just for ****z and giggles.

I tried to set a no icon setup in a Head to Head game but could not do it.

Keep up the good woik !
+Dr Evil's Death Squadron+

Let this be a lesson to you all that this organization will not tolerate .......... F-a-i-l-u-r-e!