Author Topic: started green/grey p38  (Read 428 times)

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
started green/grey p38
« on: June 15, 2004, 12:20:39 AM »
Will start working on a name soon (probably Porky II or something) and will be looking into roughing it up a bit if possible. If we could see a diagram of the bmp file which shows the separation of each part, that would help.(right now it's hit and miss for me) Anything I need to know for the name and lettering before I start?

I know about the problem of the spinners and the nose so I'm gonna concentrate on everything else. I may have a problem with the right underside aileron being the same color as the top. Will keep testing.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 12:54:45 AM by viking73 »
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline Stratocaster

• Nickel Member
started green/grey p38
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 12:27:13 PM »
neat
Strat

∼<<∼Loose Deuce∼>>∼

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
started green/grey p38
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 04:41:52 PM »
Here's a pic showing that the right underside aileron on the p-38 is mapped wrong. The other side is ok.

T2Maw
S.A.P.P.
Skin Designer

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
started green/grey p38
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 05:10:59 PM »
I'm having that problem with the F4U-1.  I'm putting pretty pink lines all over the place trying to find things like leading edges; unfortunatly the part of the pixmap that's wrapped on the leading edge is ALSO mapped elsewhere, so no "fake" gun ports for my Hog.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Re: started green/grey p38
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 10:22:31 PM »
Originally posted by viking73
Will start working on a name soon (probably Porky II or something) and will be looking into roughing it up a bit if possible. If we could see a diagram of the bmp file which shows the separation of each part, that would help.(right now it's hit and miss for me) Anything I need to know for the name and lettering before I start?

I know about the problem of the spinners and the nose so I'm gonna concentrate on everything else. I may have a problem with the right underside aileron being the same color as the top. Will keep testing.

Try "Californie Cutie".

http://home.introweb.nl/~erics/p-38/index.htm

That site has pictures of both the original, and the Duxford P-38 that wore that paint scheme when it crashed.

It's a great plane with great history.

By the way, the real Porky II was not a J or L model P-38. I think it was an F, but may have been a G or H model.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
started green/grey p38
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 06:53:29 PM »
Yes, that is definately a contender. Heck, might do more than one. Glacier Girl would be a nice one too but don't know if that would be considered "authentic". Now if we just could get control of those spinners!
T2Maw
S.A.P.P.
Skin Designer