Author Topic: how to go about getting a yak-9...or...more yak-9 stuff  (Read 136 times)

Offline roofer

• Zinc Member
how to go about getting a yak-9...or...more yak-9 stuff
« on: June 06, 2001, 01:46:00 PM »
http://www.russianaeros.com/yak9product.htm

now you know how much to save up!

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2001, 01:55:00 PM »
Compared to the prices for vintage warbirds these are dirt cheap. I wonder what their definition of "reasonably inexpensive" is in regards to those Allison engines?  :)

Think about it. For the price of a Commander, Piper saratoga, Beech 36 you can have a Yak. I have seen prices for USED Beech T34's going for more than a new Yak.  :eek:

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline roofer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2001, 01:59:00 PM »
i like, "we will paint to the customer’s specification".

[now where is that barrel of pennies i've been saving?]

Offline Bluefish

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2001, 02:09:00 PM »
Better take a pretty careful look at the warranty before you pop for one.  A fellow at Camarillo has one and is on his third Allison engine in a little over a year (apparently the parts are "new" in the sense of being unused but have been in storage for a lllllllllllooooooooonnnnnng time).  The company made good on the engine repairs under the warranty but I gather that in-flight engine trouble is, shall we say, a little unsettling.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2001, 02:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bluefish:
Better take a pretty careful look at the warranty before you pop for one.  A fellow at Camarillo has one and is on his third Allison engine in a little over a year (apparently the parts are "new" in the sense of being unused but have been in storage for a lllllllllllooooooooonnnnnng time).  The company made good on the engine repairs under the warranty but I gather that in-flight engine trouble is, shall we say, a little unsettling.

Hey Bluefish,

Have you looked at the list of AD's out on the new Cessna 172's????? Talk about a question of warrantee stuff! They said you can't expect lexus quality on an "essentially handmade" product at ONLY $180,000 US!!  :rolleyes:

Seriously, If you can afford the bird you should be able to afford a spare engine with this type of machine. At 50 gal per hour on low cruise you AIN'T flying no economy plane!  :cool:

Mav  :D
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2001, 02:41:00 PM »
Ok, now where did I put that Lottery ticket  :D

Offline Bluefish

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
Well, the guy that owns it ought to be able to afford anything he wants (big-time investment banker, dontchaknow) but he nonetheless seemed a little peeved with these events (especially when I suggested that he invest in Allison stock, hehe).

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2001, 10:43:00 PM »
I'm so confused.  Is it a Yak 9 or a Yak 3?  The line drawing looks like a Yak 9 but all the photos look like Yak 3s.  (Note the cooler on the 9 is totally under the wing root region while it extends far behind the wing root on the 3.)  They confuse the issue by calling a Yak 9 a two seat Yak 3 (obviously not true).  Then there is the confusion that in real life the Yak 9 actually preceded the Yak 3, which had higher performance.  Which is it?   And which Yak in WWII had better performance?  And, come to think of it, why do I care?  I don't think there is $355,000 in my wallet at the moment.   :)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2001, 10:11:00 AM »
Comes with new parachutes LOL!
Based on Russian airshow displays I've seen, they'll need them.   :)