Author Topic: Return to Parity  (Read 425 times)

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
Return to Parity
« on: June 16, 2004, 08:36:26 AM »
I have really noticed a return to a more level playing field, skill wise, in AH2. Ive shot down some "great sticks" with consistency, guys who Ive killed maybe once or twice in 3 yrs of playing Ah1. I know everyone is learning new flight model but I adjusted fairly easily. Any comments?

1. Is more realistic flight model the answer? (no more herky jerky gamey moves)

2.Is gunnery main thing? (no more huge percentage of instant one ping death, tougher planes)

3. Or is it that the pilots who were praised so highly in ah1 were only taking advantage of a substandard "arcade" like flight environment?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Return to Parity
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 08:49:33 AM »
I believe that the harder gunnery both helps and hurts people... I have noticed a return to the gamey "fish flop" form of defensive move.

The less skilled simply flop around till their enemy is out of ammo or is forced to pull off..  

Not exactly a higher standard of play but different.

lazs

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
Return to Parity
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 08:56:32 AM »
Yea lazs I think people did that on accident at first, but noticed how easy it was to recover from it and have incorporated it into their acm arsenal. La7's can do it very nicely in ah2. Still overall much harder to get a kill in a 1 on 1 co e fight

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Return to Parity
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 09:13:25 AM »
Seems about the same to me, at least 1v1.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
Return to Parity
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 09:51:21 AM »
I've seen a couple of people flip flop, but i don't believe it was intentional- time will tell i guess.

I am enjoying AHII...the mossies handles nice.:)
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Paxil

• Copper Member
      • http://marathontoathens.blogspot.com
Return to Parity
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 11:57:03 AM »
It is hard to say until AH1 goes away.... I think most of the easy marks are still flying AH1.

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
Return to Parity
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 12:31:42 PM »
somewhat easier, ever see a spit stall in AH1? only seen 1 fishy floppy move and thats from a guy known for it in ah1. He got my P-40B with his 38 not before I lit him up with 303s
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
Return to Parity
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 01:57:21 PM »
I've been seeing a lot of enemies spin, flop, over-control, and otherwise screw up. Yet, you still see the B17s at 500ft or less, and other nonsense.

Ask a B17 crewman how he'd feel about that sometime, if you get the chance.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Return to Parity
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2004, 02:46:55 PM »
Same as DMF - I dont see much difference 1v1.  I actually think I'm exploiting the lovely edge of stall too much :)  Well, dancing on the edge of envelope is fun and it can give you a huge advantage when fighting someone too timid to fly with the horn screaming at them.  But last night, alas, a new stick has forced me into noob mode once again.  It'll be a few weeks before I'm back to normal... so yeah, if I flop around or get in another inverted flat spin in a Mosquito (like last night), I blame the stick!! :D
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]