Author Topic: 109F4 Skin dessert camo; Have a look pls and tell me if something is wrong  (Read 3348 times)

Offline Ecke-109-

• Copper Member
It should be ready now. It took four damn long days. Thanks god i am a single. :D
Please tell me if there are changes needed.

One thing is left. At the underside of the nose there is a marking. It starts with: 'Vorsicht beim öffnen...' or so.
Can anyone help me out with this?
Maybe a ready to use file or a link?
Thanks in advance

Ecke

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Only thing wrong with it is that it's not on fire! :)

Seriously, it looks great Ecke! :)  It looks a little orangey on my screen, but that could be me!
NEXX

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
it is you

Offline Ecke-109-

• Copper Member
Thanks Nexx,
this should be RLM 79.

Offline wasq

• Silver Member
      • Photos
Originally posted by Ecke-109-

One thing is left. At the underside of the nose there is a marking. It starts with: 'Vorsicht beim öffnen...' or so.
Can anyone help me out with this?
Maybe a ready to use file or a link?
Thanks in advance

Ecke

Great skin!

Here's the previous discussion about the text on a Bf109G: "Vorsicht beim Öffnen. Kühler ist im Haubenteil eingebaut."

[edit]Better picture:[/edit]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 03:00:58 PM by wasq »

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
damn nice, girlfriend loss is our gain!

Offline Ecke-109-

• Copper Member
Wasq,
thanks a lot.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Quick Critique... :)

There's no "wheel" bumps on the F-4. Some G-2s had them as well but these came with the larger wheels.

Here is an overhead of the F4 (linked due to size.)

http://www.jiop.fi/ksimuseo/bf109f4up_36.jpg

Also the oil cap needs to be moved down some. Here's a side profile:

http://www.jiop.fi/ksimuseo/bf109f4side1_35.jpg

As you probably noticed the panel under the canopy of the F4 bmp mirrors on both sides. On the G6 bmp this doesn’t mirror.  

On the F4 the fuel hatch is rather large but it’s only on the left. I cheated a little bit and made it a bit smaller and less "bold". Look at the profile above to see how large the fuel hatch is.

Here is a link to one of my F4s

http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/334_1086086684_iiijg2f41.jpg

Also I can’t tell by your SS but the large round hatch below and to the rear of the fuel cap (1st panel aft of the cockpit).  This was attached with 8 bolts.

Looks great otherwise S!

FYI to the LW skinners...

Kweassa's already turned in 2 desert 109F's already. With Ecke's that 3 of 15. There's a few winter camos I have seen underway various stages of completion. There's 1 winter skin in game with quite a few errors. We need some way to critique each others work and to keep track of who’s doing what to get the best selection available. So please post some shots before submitting.

There's large variety of 109s and in particular "colorful" F4s that could be done. With winter and desert schemes there’s only so much variety we can get.

As a LW "skinner" I would just ask that before each of us starts a project we consider how few slots there actually are. The more variety the better.

Offline Ecke-109-

• Copper Member
Thanks Wotan,
i am no expert in skinning and how the details were in real life.
So i appreciate this input very much.

Ecke

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Originally posted by Wotan
As a LW "skinner" I would just ask that before each of us starts a project we consider how few slots there actually are. The more variety the better.

I don't think the slots are an issue to a certain degree.  I understand that any new skin will be considered even if all 15 slots have been used up.  It will be assessed and if deemed to be of better quality than one of the existing 15 skins, then it will be accepted and replace one of those 15 skins (of lowest quality or maybe similar design).

This will mean that people can continue to work on skins indefinitely.  Of course some planes will have more skins submitted than others and I agree, variation is the key for a particular plane type.

I'm sure that as soon as all 15 skins are filled up it might put off people creating new skins anyway so I can't see a major problem in future.

BTW  Is anyone doing the skin of Black 6 109G6 that is at RAF Museum Hendon?
NEXX

Offline 13Promet

• Copper Member
Very nice job ecke !!!
I love that camo :aok

My only criticism: the black smoke trail out of the radiator intake could only be due to a very bad oil leak.
If no oil leak out of the radiator, there should be no particular trail out of the intake (air only goes through the radiator, nothing burnt comes out of it in physiological situation ).
That's more similar to what comes out of exhaust pipes.

WTG ;)

Promet

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Originally posted by Ecke-109-
Thanks Wotan,
i am no expert in skinning and how the details were in real life.
So i appreciate this input very much.

Ecke

It looks real good btw.  I hope you keep at it. S!

Black 6 109G6 that is at RAF Museum Hendon

That’s a G-2 and Furball has given me many pictures of it. I am about 45% done but have been taking my time because there’s such a back log in the others skins I sent in. I will post pictures soon.

I am not so much talking about better quality as I am historically accuracy and redundancy.

Pyro and HT or whoever will be deciding which skin gets loaded has to review each. We could make their job easier through peer review.

We could also reduce redundancy by sharing what projects we are working on. I would think that there's only so many desert or winter skins per plane. Especially since most are so similar.

If there are 5 guys working on a desert skin it may be a good idea for the 6th guy to go a different direction.

Offline Ecke-109-

• Copper Member
Thanks for your support,
makes it worth to spend all that hours. :)

@Promet
This is where i got my inspiration. But maybe i should make it a bit brighter.

hmmm...when i think it over....maybe the RAF wasnt able to repair this bird properly?:D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 05:11:57 PM by Ecke-109- »

Offline Stratocaster

• Nickel Member
hey ecke looks beutiful............. and sorry about that message board post got out of hand..
Strat

∼<<∼Loose Deuce∼>>∼

Offline Ecke-109-

• Copper Member
Hey 68Strat,
i am sorry too. Better for me to bite on my tongue instead of writing too fast.
Its always good to shake hands after a glitch. :)

Ecke