Author Topic: Deleted my account  (Read 8882 times)

Offline Boozer2

• Copper Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2004, 10:55:49 AM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Personally, I feel much the same way Steve does about the range icon. By the time the graphics tell me what the other guy is doing...I am pretty well screwed. Quit? Nay! But, I will no longer chase higher dots, daring them to come down and get me (winning those kinds of fights was always my favorite guilty pleasure :)). Heck, all a decent roper has to do is reverse within 500 yards and I won't know it until he is already in my face.

Bottomline for me, I would have liked to see the changes phased in over a period of a few months, instead of dumped in all at once. Can I adjust and learn the "new" game? Of course I can. I'm just not sure I am willing to put up with the sever buttwhoppin' it will take to do so :D.

I agree to a point, it takes about a week to expand the SA and see where they are coming from and going, I had the same problem at first but I've managed to adjust by keeping tabs on everyone a bit sooner and follow their maneuvers a bit more. You cant blow off an icon for 10 secs and reacquire knowing what he's up to right away anymore.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2004, 10:56:06 AM »
The changes to AH2 are improvements IMO, and some of the stuff (like not being able to see hit sprites under the nose of your plane) are major steps toward better realism and gameplay.  

The same folks who were good in AH1 will excel in AH2 after an adjustment period.  It is different in many respects, but different does not necessarily mean harder.  You're good enough to adapt to it and do just fine, Steve.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2004, 10:57:01 AM »
As for the icon range counter I have started to retrain my mind too it. I watch it from 1 out. When it switches to 1000 I start to focus more on watching the enemy plane size. At 600 I try to completely ignore the counter altogether and instead focus on the size of the plane to judge distancem direction, E.

Getting better results this way than I previously did. And  guess its a little bit more realistic to focus in on looking at the plane when close than the counter.

Just have to adapt.

As for the gunnery model and damage model it has resparked my interest in flying in AH2 instead of doing admin stuff as a squad CO and as a CM.

I find it much more challenging .. gone are the one kill snapshots. Or I should much reduced. With the reduced hit bubble / hit shell hitting the enemy plane is much more challenging and judging angles more important to me. Plus, holding fire until closer.

Also found that flying sloppy and using combat maneuvers helps a whole lot more here than in AH1. Jinking about has kept LA7s off me quite a bit when they were out at 200-400 via the range counter.

On the DM model and FM with 8 points of force working on the plane I have seen planes able to withstand more damage and keep on flying since their are 8 factors affecting flight with the loss of a control surface. B17s and Lancs can really keep on flying with good chunks of their wing and other parts gone.

Opposite side is that if you go into a spin yits that much more work to come out of with 8 points instead of 4 working on your plane.

Its different but in truth its not rote and adapting to the new things in I am find challenging and is getting me to fly more because of the challenge.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2004, 11:53:48 AM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
I'm just not sure I am willing to put up with the sever buttwhoppin' it will take to do so :D.

LOL No Body  , that is too funny. 'splains the times in AW, when..... hehehe if you can remb that far back.  :rofl  :aok

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2004, 12:10:18 PM »
Same ol same ol hard to please steve ;-)

Dude, AH2 smokes the living pants off of AH1. I would assume you are more on the side of can't easily adjust to change then backing out because the game sucks.

Isn't this the same ol Steve from AW who sniveled when AW3 was transforming into AH3.5?

Same guy who snivels about change, yet when it comes runs for your life?

Here's a kleenex, wipe the tears and get back in the game. What would we do without asll your sniveling? We're gonna be lost!

j\k

Anim

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Deleted my account
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2004, 12:39:55 PM »
Originally posted by _Schadenfreude_
Play Il2 AEP for 8 weeks - Ah2 is pretty easy after that.

LMAO! I was thinking the same thing, makes the AH2 hit "bubble" feel like a 777 or something!

Personally I cannot think of ANYTHING in Ah2 that is not an improvement over AH1, or course once the Infinity map gets into the rotation I'll have to change my mind :D

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2004, 12:44:37 PM »
You wouldn't think the learning curve on the new gunnery is high enough to make you drop your sticks and quit.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Deleted my account
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2004, 12:44:38 PM »
Icon counters. The dots just aren't represented well enough. I find myself using "ZOOM" all the time. Something to consider.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Deleted my account
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2004, 02:12:44 PM »
Look, getting used to it will take time. I can’t remember ever feeling real bad for slaughtering newbies in AH1, but since the change, a lot of the “Vets”, if you will, are feeling that frustration because everything you learned is now a bit different and new. I know I am.
 Bingo for me. I have yet to land even 2 kills when 2 and 3 were the norm for me. Not a great stick, but above average. Now... well I stink and it is frustrating to be sure. How these guys are landing 6 and 8 kills, lol to them. :)

Don't know you Steve, but you did not give it a fair shake.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2004, 02:34:32 PM »
Or is this thread really about no channel 1...lol

AHII is easy mate... learn the blackouts....gunnery is the SAME but looks different.... and as for Icon... U are kidding me  lol.

Bleeding good job us Brits didn't give up on Jerry after 1 day.....get the point?

Offline opus

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2004, 02:49:22 PM »
Icons - no problem. Like someone else said, in two days you'll be used to it.

Gunnery - just fill half your windshield with plane and you rarely miss  - convergence 250:)

Sun? Now that sun is going to be hard to get used to. I have to turn the brightness and contrast down on my monitor to avoid a migrain or eye strain. Don't get me wrong - I like the effect it has on game play. But as is, it like staring at a welder's arc (as someone else posted in another thread). I was just hoping it would be easy to code to make the whole screen go a little dimmer when sun effects (glare) come into play. Blinding the user base can't be good.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 02:51:53 PM by opus »

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
Deleted my account
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2004, 03:25:25 PM »
Typical response from a man who needs everything handed to him on a platter...

Generic icons / gunnery as an excuse is laughable. I think it's interesting to see these  virtual hotshots talk all the trash in the game then whine like stuck pigs when the have to work to get some victories. The task is simple: learn to adapt to a new system and stop whining. Or, don't let the door hit ya.

Some fragile egos shatter so easily, it seems...:rofl

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
Deleted my account
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2004, 03:48:46 PM »
i like the new ranging... dont like the icon position

Offline urb

• Zinc Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2004, 03:49:17 PM »
Steve,
H8 to see you go bro.......can you send me your video card??

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2004, 03:57:01 PM »
i agree with steve for the most part.  im not gonna quit, right away anyways.  im not a big fan of the icons, woundnt be that bad if it werent for the dang warping(i didnt have a problem with before).  gunnery, well some adjustment is needed, but someone said that "150 cant miss range"  how you know when your 150 off?  i was at 200 off in  a 38 and missed everything, so ya can miss.  but, like i said, some adjustment needed.  i do understand what everyone is saying about realism, but too much just isnt my bag i guess.  im a simple man that comes home from work, argues with wife, plays with kids then enjoys some online time shooting at virtual planes.  i dont really want to be a ww2 pilot, i dont have a fan in front of me on high, with flight goggles and scarf around my neck flappin in the breeze, just like to shoot those little images.  
but like mentioned a few time before, its all personal opinion and what you look for in a "game".
~S~
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++