Author Topic: Deleted my account  (Read 8881 times)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2004, 04:12:56 PM »
I suppose we all have some disappointments with AH2, but we have to give it a chance before running off. Treat it as a completely new game but you don't have to create another stick map for it.

Simply put, I'm staying... the good definitely outweighs the bad.
------------------------------------------
Pro:
[list=1]
  • Clouds- blocky at the edges, but a real nice effect.
  • Graphic damage- seeing holes in your wings, etc, not enabled on my P38 yet tho.
  • Ground clutter- makes the GV fight alot more fun, not to mention low alt furballs
  • Aircraft feel more (what I'd guess) is accurate aside from a couple examples
  • Tracer smoke- really helps distract you, Reminds me of the gun camera films.
  • CVs- I really like the way they smoke now, looks awesome.
  • [/list=1]
    ---
    Con
[list=1]
  • The requirements seemed too high and even a good machine has stutters
  • The way the ground redraws when you come within visual range of the trees.
  • Icon range- I wish it was in increments of 100, rather than 200 to make up for net lag
  • The two dimensional trees, and the fact tanks can hide within and not take ANY damage from bombs. Real bad feature, imho.
  • [/list=1]
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2004, 04:24:37 PM »
Originally posted by Delirium
IThe two dimensional trees, and the fact tanks can hide within and not take ANY damage from bombs. Real bad feature, imho.

i have found the exact opposite.

4 times i was killed trying to hide in trees from the planes. they just nosed down and dropped where i was and boom.

right through the trees, right on me too, like the could see me better than ever.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2004, 04:38:26 PM »
Originally posted by Sox62
Heh...AHII just gave me an exuse to justify (to myself) a new video card.

New video card?  Arrggghhh...I need a whole new system.  FX5200 running on a PIII 550 is just not enough.
2Slow
Secundum mihi , urbanus resurrectio
TANSTAAFL

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
Deleted my account
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2004, 04:51:27 PM »
It must hurt to go from 1st to just-like-everyone-else, eh?  :rolleyes:  

Whiner.

Offline WHATTHEHELL

• Copper Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2004, 04:55:06 PM »
Originally posted by Innominate
Ok so you can't hit those 'under the cockpit' shots easily anymore.  Nor can you land the 600 yard deflection shots so easily.

So stop relying on gamey shots and start going for that 150 yard 'can't-possibly-miss' shot that the real world aces talk about.

Actually it was more like 25-35 meters, but whose to say a couple extra feet mattered :)

Offline dsrtrat

• Nickel Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2004, 05:00:51 PM »
There will be crying towels sold in the ladies washroom. Steve, you might want to have yours custom made.

The new gunnery is awesome. No more D1000 lucky SOBs shots tearing your plane to bits. Now there are some serious dogfights and only the ones that can adapt to change or have even a bit of skill will survive.

Later Steve. :lol Hope you didn't throw out your old Atari.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2004, 05:14:04 PM »
I like this thread, it sums up alot of concerns and opinions that likely represent the community fairly well. I like AH2, of course I am nowhere near as successfull in AH2 after 3 weeks as I was in AH1 after 1 and a half years, just as I am no where near as successfull in AH1 as I was in AWFR after 7 years. Everything takes time, time to re-learn, time to adopt new styles and techniques, time to get comfortable with the subtle nuances of your chosen ride(s).

There are alot of subtle changes to the GM and FM in AH2, this is going to require ALOT of practice to become fully compfortable with and get the feel for. Like we told all the newbies that came to AH1, "the learning curve is steep, very steep", heck I've been playing AH for well over a year now and still learn something new everyday and I am a very long-time WW2 Combat flight sim veteran.

But, I contend that it is this need AH2 creates for learning again that is actually going to be its secret allure. You can only enjoy that "I have arrived" feeling so long before the whole experience starts to feel more like work than an enjoyable entertainment experience. Just persevere, enjoy it for what it really should be, entertainment, the unparalleled success with all flow from that with time.

Zazen
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 06:13:59 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2004, 05:52:38 PM »
I haven't flown in a couple of months now, but I'd of picked STEVE as the last guy to quit over issues with AHII. I had a couple of great fights with eagler and others (D pony vs 109{G-2 I think})...anyway I know I couldnt touch eagler in the 109 in AH1 (got waxed enough in CT to erase any doubt) and I think I was 3/4 in the Beta setup that day with him. To me the pony went way way up in overall leathality especially in a phone booth fight....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2004, 06:04:26 PM »
What don't you like about the gunnery?

This is a fair question SOB.  The gunnery system requires closer ranges and longer gun solution to down a plane.... a dream come true for TnB guys.  For those who like more realism this may also be a boon and I respect that they are enjoying the changes.

I was tired, but should have posted that the game sux "for me".
My apologies to HT, when I've dealt with them 1 on 1 they have always been polite, freindly even...thank you.

To those who mentioned that maybe it's because I went from being "#1" or whatever to being average my response is that you are incorrect.

It's like Killn said, I just want to come home from work, shoot down some bad guys, die a few times, talk a little smack, have some laughs w/ my virtual friends and log off.  I'm not a big "realism" guy and I don't want to play a game that feels like work.
 Lots of people in here laud the changes as being more realistic and like I said, that's great for them.  I'm glad they are enjoying the new things in AHII.  I loved the game, it's not like I'm happy to leave.  I spent several hundred dollars on upgrading my computer so I could run AHII well.

To those who offered constructive input, thank you!
 To those who have thus far tossed off assorted insults... ahh never mind, you have shown what kind of people you are.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 06:07:28 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2004, 06:10:36 PM »
If these guys had played in the beta they would have known what to expect

AKAK I tried Beta several times and had the same concerns throughout.  

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2004, 06:18:51 PM »
Maybe they will turn on channel one again for ya.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2004, 06:19:47 PM »
Maybe they will turn on channel one again for ya.

Huh?  I didn't really care one way or the other.

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2004, 06:22:30 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
AKAK I tried Beta several times and had the same concerns throughout.  

I don't think the beta thing has all that much to do with making the change now. I spent maybe about 4 hours in beta and there was only a few people in it, not a lot of fighting opportunites, and I'm fine with it.

I personally don't think anyone should be lampooned for not liking it, it's their choice. And if some people want to vent a little, let em have at it. I think there are flaws and deficiencies in the game, it's certainly not perfect. All of this current talk will be ancient history by this time next week, why trip?

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2004, 06:24:19 PM »
Steve,

I have great respect for you and will miss your presence on the Rooks.

I have to say though, bagging it after 1 night is lame. Give it a month and if you still don't like it, so be it.  

You're not being fair to HT or to yourself if you don't.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2004, 06:26:33 PM »
i forgot to say, sad to see ya go steve.  any plans on future sims?  i was thinking about tryin WBs, although id rather not.  so im gonna give this a few weeks or so, see if it grows on me.  and time for them to fix some things.
~S~
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++