Author Topic: IBM Blues....  (Read 156 times)

Offline elwd

• Zinc Member
IBM Blues....
« on: June 18, 2004, 05:58:50 PM »
No T & L for you elwd.....

Here's the scoop.

IBM NetVista X41 All-in-one (model 2283)
P4 1.6GHZ processor
512RAM
Rage 128 Pro Ultra 16MB INTEGRATED AGP BUS vidcard(which is NOT upgradable or replaceable as per IBM....
2 open PCI slots

My AH days on hold. Bad news for yinz cause I am such an easy kill......

IBM says I need a "Low Profile" 32 bit, 2.2  PCI [5v] Vidcard

ATI only makes these animals for manufacturers like IBM and do not retail them.  Searches are finding references to such things, but states the are "TV" cards.

Do I have to resort to this, or even CAN I, or does somebody out there have a clue as to where I can find whatever the Hell this is that I need????

money is not an issue...(up to $200 or so, that is..)

I needs me my junk..

Signed,
Perplexed in Pittsburgh

elwd
=Iron Eagles=

Mark C.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
IBM Blues....
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 12:36:36 AM »
is this what you have  

http://hardwarecentral.dealtime.com/xPF-IBM_NetVista_X41_2283_228355U

and does it have a video card in a agp slot (just abouve the white pci slots ) ???

if it has a card you can add a different agp video card to it

but i beleive its intergrated video . which means you can probely add a pci type video card to it  fx5200 pci card is a decent deal right now .

as for this low profile thing id have to see how wide your case is .. if its one of those narrow cases id just run out and grab another case and transfer the parts .

one thing about dell, ibm, hp, compac ,ect type pc's ... once youve bought one,,, any upgrades are a no no in there book. there out to sell you a new pc . (even if its a week old )

ive upgraded lots of dell's , gateways , ibm's befor , most of then accept add on hardware just fine .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Rasker

• Silver Member
IBM Blues....
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 11:23:11 AM »
I think the low profile thing has to do with whether the card sticks out enough that the next pci slot over on the mobo has to remain vacant or not.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 02:22:58 PM by Rasker »