Author Topic: CTD's  (Read 312 times)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
CTD's
« on: June 18, 2004, 11:39:25 PM »
Not had this problem before tonight (Friday the 18th). CTD twice and both times were over an enemy field and shortly after I dropped ord.

Swager a squadie had the same problem 3 times. Each time was over an enemy field. I know of two other squadies that had CTD's tonight.

Someone said it is only those who have downloaded the patches. He (forgot who it was) said for me to download the full version. Well that is tough on dial up. I will do it but only if someone can tell me if that likely solve the problem. :)

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
CTD's
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 11:43:59 PM »
I should add the first CDT I was in a P-51 as was my wing. We both had CDT. The next time I just dropped ord on a field in B-26's. Two others had a CDT also at that moment, but they were in fighters near by.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Bulz

• Zinc Member
CTD's
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 08:09:20 AM »
AGREED!  I have never crashed to desktop before the release of 2.0.  It is very annoying when in the middle of a fight to all of the sudden be at your desktop.  Happened 2 times last night in about 1.5 - 2 hours of play.  After the last or, I was too disgusted to caome back.  Is this being looked into and are we going to get a reply from the powers that be?  Love the new version, but the CTD's are out of control.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
CTD's
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 08:37:31 AM »
Daddog, I experienced the same thing. I was flying an F6F, rolled in and dropped two 1,000 pounders. When I looked back to observe the effect.....desktop.

The good news is that I was running film and sent it to HTC last night. Hopefully this will help them discover the specific cause.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
CTD's
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 10:42:54 AM »
I was in a carrier gun position firing on nme planes and racking up kills and slam ctd .

my 1st ctd in a longtime I havent had any since the early beta's

asus a7n8x-del
amd 2500+ @ 2.2 ghz
512 x 2 ddr
Ti4600 56.45 drvers dx 9.0b
win 98 se SP 1.5
733 kbps dsl
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
CTD's
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 02:50:00 PM »
Same for me, only time i disco in ah2 is when in ack gun on ship
I keep getting
missing shape -- message, like 5 or 6 times then poof
CTD

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."