Author Topic: bugs  (Read 460 times)

Offline hunter33

• Zinc Member
bugs
« on: June 20, 2004, 02:11:51 AM »
I now put in a ati 9600xt. Upon trying to enter the game it often say your card does not support T&L so you cannot play the game. BS!!!!!! sometimes it lets you play. Then it CDTs or the hanger flyout is blank or an error message that says dhelp cannot help you or or or or . Lets not even talk about the low frame rates, stutters in the gameplay etc etc. Why did you put this buggy game out before its time. It needs to be optimized, you need to have work arounds for the noncense bugs and frankly HITECH should not charge while these problems are in the game. I should not have to re boot over and over just to play (HA!!)

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
bugs
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 02:35:28 AM »
OK Skippy. Take a chiil pill, run DXDiag and post back your info.

Offline 2Hawks

• Nickel Member
      • http://daniel.clanbaker.com
Or a quick solution...
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 02:49:29 AM »
A Quick solution would be to get a real video card in the form of an NVidia chipset.

Or you can bang your head and tweak your machine till it takes.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
bugs
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 04:24:14 AM »
Yep, it's all Hitech's fault even though there were around 400 other people playing just fine last night. Right.:rolleyes:

Sounds to me like you don't have DX9 running but I'll point you back to DipStick's post.

From the Start menu: Run:  enter DXDIAG and see what version of DirectX you are running etc.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 04:26:33 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Re: bugs
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 05:47:32 AM »
Originally posted by hunter33
I now put in a ati 9600xt. Upon trying to enter the game it often say your card does not support T&L so you cannot play the game. BS!!!!!! sometimes it lets you play. Then it CDTs or the hanger flyout is blank or an error message that says dhelp cannot help you or or or or . Lets not even talk about the low frame rates, stutters in the gameplay etc etc. Why did you put this buggy game out before its time. It needs to be optimized, you need to have work arounds for the noncense bugs and frankly HITECH should not charge while these problems are in the game. I should not have to re boot over and over just to play (HA!!)

Chill out! There are several fixes try doing a search on the BBS in bug reports. Run dxdiag like easycor suggested.
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline hunter33

• Zinc Member
bugs
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 06:12:49 PM »
Give me a break. DX says all good and of course I have 9.0b. Don't you think I would check the basics. For some reason you guys will not admit that their is program problems here. Since I put ah2 on I get lockups like I have never seen before. Coicendence, I don't think so. I never had any dx problems.

Offline blackfalcon4

• Nickel Member
bugs
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2004, 04:58:54 PM »
OK, what vid card were you using before the 9600 was "put in"?
If your having problems beside AH2, sounds like could be a driver problem.
If it was an nvidia card then you need to use det destroyer or some kind of nvidia driver killer to purge your system of all the left overs from the other card.
You can get vid driver utilities from here Guru3d
And you can also get a fine regcleaner tool to find old references here RegPro  It's free trial.

Hope it helps :D

Offline hunter33

• Zinc Member
ah2
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2004, 12:17:30 PM »
Did it all, even was on the line with ATI. Their is no driver problems. Before the ATI I was using a g3. Solid as a rock. But since installing AH2 the system is unstable. You know, I am not the only one that has developed problems since this install. AH2 uses direct X more now then in the past with T&L and such. Their is some correlation between that (DX) and the problems with AH2 since I seem to get a  DDHELP caused an invalid page fault in module (unknown) message when it crashes (usually) I have removed DX and reinstalled, It shows that all is good. My drivers are on correctly. I cannot find any conflicts that are causint this problem. But, I do believe its something in this game thats doing it. What I have no idea. I was playing Far Cry last night which is known to tax a system, with all turned up very high and it did not crash, yet playing AH2 usually crashes. I have spent alot of time analyzing this problem and cannot find an answer

Offline hunter33

• Zinc Member
ah2
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2004, 12:35:33 PM »
I had a whole page more of info, but it crashed. If I can't get this straight I will have to cancel ah2. No choice

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
bugs
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2004, 12:41:08 PM »
Indeed Far Cry is probably the most demanding game on the market today.   But you still haven't posted any useful information as to what equipment is in your machine what drivers you are running etc, etc etc.  We may have some psychics online in this game, but they probably charge a lot per hour.

Better yet, it might be better to check AH2 out in a month or so.  It isn't quite out of the lab yet. But lots of people are using that card already  (don't know your manufactuer).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 12:45:12 PM by Zanth »

Offline hunter33

• Zinc Member
ah2
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2004, 01:34:04 PM »
Just ran reg cleaner and also put on the latest via drivers. I have not tried out the latest omega drivers or the latest ati drivers. The ati tech thought my version driver was good. I have heard from some people that the latest ati drivers droped their frame rate. And, they still had the stability problem, I know people running both the omega and ati's latest. My system is an athlon 1.4 thunderbird. Not OC'd. 750 megs of pc2400 running cas 2.0 and not clocked up. My sound card is a turltle beach quadzilla (old) sound great to me though. OS is ME, yeah ME.Though was stable on three systems, now stable on two systems. Have the same ati card with me on two systems. One system without AH2 stable. Other with AH2 unstable????

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
bugs
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2004, 02:57:08 PM »
It's been 5 days since your first post and it sounds like you're no closer to a fix then you were when you started. ;)

Feel like running DirectX and posting it now like DipStick said?

I'd recommend you start a new thread with your DX output and put it in the Tech Support Forum where this thread belongs, it might get a fresh look from Skuzzy that way.  If that doesn't work, try sending him an email with the DirectX output included.

I hope you get your problem solved soon and I agree it looks like your system should be working with AH2.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hunter33

• Zinc Member
bugs
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2004, 03:05:49 PM »
will do