Author Topic: Patch two: Now with 50% more CTD!  (Read 570 times)

Offline KurtVW

• Copper Member
Patch two: Now with 50% more CTD!
« on: June 21, 2004, 08:14:58 PM »
I myself and my squad are experiencing CTD   VERY freqently in the last couple hours... We are on Patch 2.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 12:11:26 AM by KurtVW »

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 09:50:24 PM »
Yup... lost 4 tigers, 1 163...  I CTD at least every 20 mins now...  could you please fix it back?

think I'll be taking a break until this gets playable.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 10:37:34 PM »
Strange, I haven't CTD even once, but I never drive GVs so ... ?
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 10:45:13 PM »
I've been having random CTD's since Friday night, never had one before in AH I or AH II with my current rig.

Getting really annoying, losing kills, perks etc.

Also wearing very thin on my squad as well, many are very unhappy.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 10:58:29 PM »
That's understandable. Are you guys running anything "customized", like Mitzu's sound pack or anything? I'm running AH2 "stock" until it gets a bit more mature.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 11:20:15 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
That's understandable. Are you guys running anything "customized", like Mitzu's sound pack or anything? I'm running AH2 "stock" until it gets a bit more mature.

Nah, I think everyone is running AH II as is. I don't think any of them used much in the way of add ons even in AH I. I haven't even used Mitsu's sound pack since I came back in February when I built this box.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 11:24:13 PM »
Strange that some ppl are having nothing but trouble while others have none whatsoever. AH2 is completely flawless on my puter, the only bug I can remember seeing was the loadout reset bug in the hangar.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 12:26:17 AM »
Also got one CTD this evening after several hours of flying/driving- my first with AH2, so not exactly a common occurrence for me.  Occurred in heavy furball, but I do not believe I augered or was hit (was checking my six).  {That last sentence shows my age: in ancient times of Confirmed Kill CTDs were sometimes associated with augers or deaths}  

P4 2.8C, 512MB 400DDR dual channel, HT enabled, WinXP, Radeon 9600XT 128MBytes at 1280x1024x32 4XFSAA, DX 9.0a

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 08:50:31 AM »
may well be a ati  memory leak bug..  i notice my mem used creaping up to the full 128 I have on my 9800 pro card.  tough to believe that this game eats that much ram.

Offline sickbird

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 08:53:34 AM »
I have a radeon 9800.  Memory usage creeps up to just over 90MB used at which time I will CTD.  The text buffer goes blank just before the CTD occurs.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 09:56:09 AM »
I also got my first CTDs last night. Saw Hitech's comment in the other post- curious, one of mine was while in bombers, rest were when i clicked the takeoff buttons.

sys specs:
amd xp 2400
512mb pc 2700
256mb fx 5200 agp, omega 53.03 drivers
asus a7n8x-x mobo
sb pci 128 sound card
40gig hdd
winders xp pro

fwiw, i built this system over the winter, and its been mostly trouble free through beta. i just started getting ctd's since the last patch, and i haven't been flying buffs until lately, either.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Help with CTDs
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2004, 10:26:10 AM »
Several of us have noticed a slow leak in video card memory useage.   Use the frame rate window (Control i) and pay attention to the memory used portion.   In my case, it starts anywhere from 55 to 70 Megs, and slowly increases.  When it hits 90 plus Megs used, things get wacky, leading to CTDs.  (Pre-curser warning may come in the form of loss of text buffer, etc).   As you play, watch for this increase.   See where you have problems, and please report back here.
-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)