Author Topic: HiTech... some questions regarding Win2000 support..  (Read 86 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
HiTech... some questions regarding Win2000 support..
« on: January 12, 2000, 03:31:00 AM »
I used to gripe consistantly about a lack of support for Warbirds under NT 4.0.  A developer at Microsoft sent me a patch that fixed the game to run under NT 4.0 and I sent it on to ICI.  I had a version that worked under NT 4.0 and all was well.

Now that you are utilizing D3D, support under NT 4.0 is pretty much out of the question... as is most every other aspect that pertains to DirectX since 4.0 only supports DX 5.0 at best (with a slightly illegal patch).  I won't bother you about NT 4.0 any more.

BUT... Windows 2000 is on the horizon and is a somewhat promising OS.  I'm running on a dual processor system and would very much like to play AH on it.  However, it does not run on any MPS OS.  If I could dig up some records and try to find that old Microsoft contact... would you be open to some coding suggestions?

I've never expected nor demanded support for NT (nor Win2000).  I do hope for people to at least consider it... especially if I can get to them during the design process.

So.. please please please consider Win2000 and those that use it.  Especially before doing anything for those vile mac users.

AKDejaVu