Author Topic: Friendly Reminder  (Read 836 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Friendly Reminder
« on: January 31, 2000, 05:51:00 PM »
As AcesHigh approaches the pay date, I beg to advise everyone planning on becoming a paying customer to remain objective and allow those planning on discontinuing to post their frustrations, anger, resentment and regret on this board freely and without fear of being tortured.

Those of us who look forward to spending our time in AcesHigh must listen with parantal objectivity and simply offer emotional support if and when it is asked for.

Two final thoughts:
AcesHigh is a highly viable alternative to expensive hourly charges and the static growth
of low fee flat rate sims. A very nice middle ground in my book.

Nothing lasts forever, so if you find something that really pleases you, support it.

Regards,
Yeager

[This message has been edited by Yeager (edited 01-31-2000).]
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
Friendly Reminder
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2000, 06:14:00 PM »
Fair enough. It won't last long.  

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Friendly Reminder
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2000, 06:21:00 PM »
mmmmuuuummmmpph! (hang sprays beer all over the keyboard)

LMAO! I've done my damndest to avoid the BBS "this sim ain't worth it" rants, and continue to at least attempt to remain objective when it comes to pointing out 'oddities' in the sim when I encounter em. I still have some reservations about relative flight models; but suspect I'll be satisfied when the data is published and the sources examined. (hang rolls up sleeves in gleeful anticipation)

BUT! (heheheh) I really wish the guys that ain't got a clue; have no intent to spend the bucks no matter HOW GOOD the sim is (it's MILES better than its competitors already) hop on the open freq or BBS and howl about how 'messed up' it is after 20 minutes of trying to take off. To them I say.. RTFM; and I don't mean "real, true; flight modeling"

Here; on the BBS; I can just ignore 'em.   On line they tend to fracture my patience.

On another similar note; once upon a time, when the country was still young (and the sheep only a little nervous) a dude named Jefferson postulated that a 'vote' was an exercise of the 'franchise'.. in that if yah didn't pay taxes; (own land) then yah had no vote.

Similarly, here; once we go pay; (and I do intend to pay my hard earned money to HTC for the privelges of flyin here and having my gripes addressed) well then... who's the developer gonna listen to then? After the LW planes debacle, I have a REAL sharp eye on this....

Hang

------------------
PALE HORSES
"I looked, and behold; a Pale Horse, and it's riders name was Death, and Hell followed with him" Rev 6.8
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

TT

Friendly Reminder
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2000, 12:49:00 AM »
  Some of these guys die a LOT. IMO paying for the privilage must seem unacceptable. Maby some time in the future, a beginners arena would be a good idea. No easymode crap. And for the same 30 bucks. Just let them have a chance to get it together, before you animals jump um.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Friendly Reminder
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2000, 01:18:00 AM »
..good point TT, but..

No doubt they'll all get two whole weeks ta decide if they can cut it in the AH virtual skies... before they run screamin back to AW3 of WB's.

Nintendo this ain't. And; it ain't all THAT hard ta fly here.. hell, if this ain't their cuppa tea; then they can go play MS Combat Flight Sim or Fighter Ace or Janes. The 'big boys' will be here.  

Besides... if they stick around, well then; "Yah pays yer money.. yah takes yer chances." It ain't a petting zoo up there  

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Extreme

• Zinc Member
Friendly Reminder
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2000, 03:34:00 AM »
nothing to do with the thread but eeek Hangtime..bit harsh??  .

Without a beginner type arena in WB (Fighter Ops) at the time, I wuda not be playing today.  Heck I don't think I got my first kill in the Main Arena for at least 3-4 months.  

I was about to give it up then Fighter Ops came along.  I had the time to try all the stuff I read about and it helped me heaps.

Beginners and/or a training arena is vital to keep many newbies playing IMO.

Ex.

Offline Gator

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dragon-isle.net/kwilhite/keith.html
Friendly Reminder
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2000, 06:59:00 AM »
Well, I hate to contribute to an off-thread post (sorry about that, Yeager), but ...

Roger that, Extreme.  I agree with a lot of Hang's posts, but not this one.  Since there aren't any other planes to engage in the offline version, I've been spending time with other WWII sims, but it sure would be nice to be able to practice with these flight models.

You guys are just too good ... it's not an easy transition from WWI to WWII, especially over here.

The money's not my main concern, I'd pay the $30 (and plan to when there are "historical" events), but it's hard to climb the steep learning curve in the main arena.  Not a good learning environment, IMHO.

One of the nice things about the events in Brand W is that you're part of a team with a structured mission, so you're able to contribute with more limited expertise.

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
Friendly Reminder
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2000, 07:10:00 AM »
Fellas-

Don't forget their is also the H2H component, there will most likely be trainers, and there are any number of people that will help you (I am willing) any time you ask. I can't possibly see where the resources for multiple arenas will come from right now. Not that it isn't a good idea, but there are priorities that will probably be more critical for the longevity of the sim. HA, training arena, etc. would be more conducive to keeping people in the long haul.  

TT

Friendly Reminder
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2000, 01:24:00 PM »
 Dolo. I dont know where the money is of course. But based on WB. If you have an HA to keep the burnouts from getting board. And a ACA type arena to attracted new guys. The new guy arena will out preform the HA by quite a bit. This indicates to me that a influx of new people is a better target.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Friendly Reminder
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2000, 04:59:00 PM »
dammo.. not only am I off topic; I'm off base.  

See what happens to a nice level headed guy when he wanders tru the BBS at 2:30 am; burnt whipped and toasted?

What WAS the subject.. ??

Anyhow.. Yeager.. I agree; we need to keep perspective.. certainly; always glad to help the folks new to the sim. I sadly have little patience for the whiners tho.

Hmmmm... shall we volunteer as trainers?   (hang does pennance)

Hang

------------------
PALE HORSES
"I looked, and behold; a Pale Horse, and it's riders name was Death, and Hell followed with him" Rev 6.8

...at home, or abroad.