Author Topic: Worst Injury  (Read 1190 times)

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Worst Injury
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2004, 12:32:00 PM »
August 26 1970, Pearl Harbor...A Day that will live in Infamy.

I was 12 and it had just finished raining outside. The Sun came out and so did alotta kids from the age of 10 to 15. We all wanted to play softball but the portable baseball backstop was about 30 yards away from home plate.  No problem, we'll just move it.  The wheels were inoperatable so we decided that there was enough of us to lift it and cart it over. We all got around it and things were okay for the first 10 yards or so. Did I mention that it had just finished raining? Well some of the littler guys were slipping and falling which put the burden of the weight on all that were left. I remember someone yelling out "Look out it's falling!" Just then both my feet shot upwards and the baseball backstop fell on my head. Crushed my nose, cheekbones, fractured skull 3 places and both upper and lower jaws fractured.
Spent 6 hours in surgery, 5 days in a medical induced coma and 4 Months in the hospital. 2 retuns for plastic surgery on right eyelid.
Still have many scars from that one.  Kids are tuff and rebound quickly. :)

Offline mora

• Gold Member
Worst Injury
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2004, 12:45:04 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
Who else has done this henious thing to themselves?  Anyone else done it more than once?  (To be fair the first time when I was a little kid...the second, detailed above, was when I was drunk at a party in University.

Yep, I've done it a few times. A few times while drunk, and once when I was watching a movie with no commercials and had to take a quick leak.. I spent the rest of the movie unzipping myself.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Worst Injury
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2004, 12:46:18 PM »
Broke an arm in second grade climbing a fence.

In high school drove my '72 VW bug in front of a volvo thinking my two-way stop was a four-way stop.  Volvo t-boned the driver's side and I was knocked unconcious for about 10 minutes.  Don't remember anything between the screeching tires and finding myself sitting in the ambulance.  Thank God no one drove SUVs back then or I would have been in a world of hurt.

Of course, compared to the stories above, I feel really lucky.

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
Worst Injury
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2004, 01:02:03 PM »
I caught my willy in my zipper twice in my life....on one occasion I had to decide whether to keep zipping up, or go back down...that is how badly I caught it.

Who else has done this henious thing to themselves?  Anyone else done it more than once?  (To be fair the first time when I was a little kid...the second, detailed above, was when I was drunk at a party in University.

"How the hell, you get the beans above the frank?!!?":lol

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
Worst Injury
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2004, 03:19:24 PM »
I WANT TO HEAR LAZS STORY!
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Worst Injury
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2004, 03:49:17 PM »
couple years ago I got a paper cut between my thumb and finger. Had a nurse I know "fix" me right up!:D
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline montag

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Worst Injury
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2004, 05:58:32 PM »
Well Ive my injuries but its not serious like I was shot or something. Not like I loss a leg or something.

;)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 06:07:24 PM by montag »

Offline montag

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Worst Injury
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2004, 07:16:07 PM »
In AH I was shotdown over enemy territory. But I survived and walked back to base cept I didnt get to keep any of my points. HTC should change that so long as the pilot makes it back, he keeps his kills.

;)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Worst Injury
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2004, 07:27:58 PM »
Yes when i was 14, I'm 46 now, STILL wearing the pants trying to make the "right" decision.

NUTTZ

I caught my willy in my zipper twice in my life....on one occasion I had to decide whether to keep zipping up, or go back down...that is how badly I caught it.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Worst Injury
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2004, 08:37:20 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
Trying to follow Gunslinger's recipe for BBQ chickens. I was OK up to the point where I drank some of the beer out of the can, put in the herbs in and whatnot, but got confused on which bellybutton the cans should be inserted into- mine or the chicken's.

The first can wasn't too bad but unfortunately we were cooking two chickens, and that second can flat tore me up.

You'd think Gunslinger, being a Marine, could give better directions than that.

How many times do I have to appologize for not putting a disclamer on that recipe?  I, as a matter of habit, dont put things in my ass.  I guess I just assumed most other people (with the exception of homosexuals, certain woman, and richard gere) would be the same.

My bad :aok

Offline Excel1

• Nickel Member
Worst Injury
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2004, 04:16:45 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
If it don't involve an ambulance ride and a critical care unit you should probly just walk it off.

lazs

My ride to hospital came a week after I climbed out of my wrecked car. My neck hurt like *** but I didn't know I had broken it, neither did the incompetent quack I saw 4 hours after the crash.
I tried walking it off for a week before getting a second opinion  but it didn't work and I got tired of holding my head in my hands.

Excel

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Worst Injury
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2004, 08:22:27 AM »
bet u spent some time in a critical care unit too eh?   Broken bones can be tricky.. it is natural for a lot of people to try to pretend that they don't have a broken bone.  especially minor ones like knuckles.  

lazs

Offline Excel1

• Nickel Member
Worst Injury
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2004, 08:36:46 AM »
I wasn't banged up enough for critical care and was in and out of hospital within four days. These days a broken neck can be fixed nearly as easily as a broken arm or leg as long as the spinal cord ain't damaged.
I know bones are trickey. An orthopedic surgon gave me a sermon on the subject.If you try to ignore a break it wont heal up right. If you leave it too long before you get the bone set, tissue grows in the fracture which keeps the bone from knitting back together properly.

Excel