Author Topic: Complains and progress of pilots  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
Complains and progress of pilots
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2000, 07:14:00 AM »
Members like me Pappy?  

Actually some of us just have jobs where we do alot of internet work at our jobs, and reading and posting here is our way of keeping awake during periods of boredom, or a way of decompressing during a rough day.

Sure I would love to fire up AH at my job. But of course then I would have to find some way to feed my girlfriend and myself afterwards.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure
Carpe Jugulum
"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires"

Offline Pappy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2000, 03:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by Vermillion:
Members like me Pappy?  
Its up to you to decide if this fits you not me, but heres a test to help you find out.
1. Do you comment on every post no matter what the subject matter.
2. Do you find your self commenting on posts you know nothing about just to feel heard.
3. Do you hate cannons one day and 50 cals the next.
4. Are all planes that shoot you down, cheaters, unfairly modeled, warpers and or HO studmuffingots.
5. Have you or do you often use terms like Quakhawg, dweeb, altmonkey, sissyfire or uber.
6. Do you hate furballing and base capturing.
if you answered yes to 2 or more questions you still have to decide for yourself, I figure if all you do is talk toejam on a message board to guys who can't reach you then ya outa get what you deserve, if you post constructive critisism, ideas for improvement and valid opinions then you might just be participating in an online simulation.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2000, 04:13:00 PM »
I'd say Verm's posts are generally a positive contribution to most discussions.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2000, 06:15:00 PM »
hiya all:

well i will start with the gunner positions ao the buffs, i fly both and i remember what gunner position's go with what number, its not that hard to do.

next, i would say there are a few more then three reasons to why a pilot gets shot down, im sure i have found them all, nomatter why you get shot down, it happens, sometimes bogus reason, sometimes good reason. if you think you are going to play here and never get shot down, WAKE UP.

last, the complaining will never end, get used to it, and some pilots like the whinning so they can verbily trash the whinner, it is a fun thing to do as well.

tip. if you looking for good excuse's as why you got shot down, and it is in no way your fault, contacked caveman and get him to send you a copie of his 1001 escuse's for been shot down, and why other pilot is cheating, lol

blue skies all

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2000, 02:44:00 AM »

Originally posted by 1776:
toad, countdown to DSL:

Scheduled April 28!!  After that date I will no longer be able to use connect as excuse!!

Will dream up another heheee.  toad, how's your order comming along for DSL?<slowly rubs salt in wound>

Actually you still have a reason for lag excuses  
In case:
A. Your DSL provider has begun suck for some router problem and makes some extra lag

or

B. Your enemy lags like yo mommas fat bellybutton after her....  
See, there is still lag from your opposition!
If some happy flyer has 1400ms pings to HTC and you have some 50ms, theres total of 1450ms lag between you two (ouch)
Enough reason for excuse huh?  
(see that everything happens in yours and his FE)

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2000, 11:18:00 AM »
Fariz;

As usual, I like your reasoning.  You show alot of common sense.  However; I do at times think that finding that "Something Else is at Fault" is healthy.

For example, I am heavily involved in the game of golf.  In golf, controlling your confidence level is the one of the best skills to learn once you begin to have success in the game.  Any time you start telling yourself, "I messed that up" your confidence falls.  Your confidence does not fall, at least as much, if you say "That one had a poor chance from the start".  Try to never beat up on yourself, and always be your own best buddy.  Basically, "IT IS NEVER MY FAULT" and "This is just the game of golf".  

As to the rest of it, I aggree.  Most of it is just whining for which we all occasionally fall victim.  

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2000, 11:27:00 AM »
Oh boy, oh boy!!!<quickly downloads Fishu's post>

I still have a great excuse!! WhaaaaaaaaaaWhooooooooo!!!

He heeeeeeee,reminds me of a guy in AW who would kill ya 3 or 4 times then you would kill him and he would be all over open chnl sayin you was warpin.  It always amazed me that the only ppl warpin were the ones that shot him down.  Every time you saw his id shot down you prepared for a 5 min rant about warpin, heheeeeee he is a funny guy,LOL just thinkin about him!!

PS
only 27 days to go

[This message has been edited by 1776 (edited 04-01-2000).]