Author Topic: A nice touch for the Finns...  (Read 192 times)

Offline -cman-

• Zinc Member
      • http://cman.digitalmechanics.cx
A nice touch for the Finns...
« on: January 13, 2000, 12:23:00 AM »
with the Bf-109G2, but I'm sure they'll still whine for the Buffalo or the I-16  

------------------
-cman-
The Dweebs of Death
"Death before dishonor,
often just moments
before."

[This message has been edited by -cman- (edited 01-13-2000).]

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2000, 12:29:00 AM »
I say give'm the Buffalo.

My scores need the padding.  

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2000, 02:14:00 AM »
cc -cman-, but no buffalo!
109G-2 will be good, in case HTC overmodelled it correctly    

on the second thought, if Ilmari "Illu" Juutilainen, finnish ace with 94 kills says:

" I started my Brewster flights in the beginning of April 1940, doing all the aerobatics maneuvers, stall and dive tests. I was happy with my Brewster. It was agile, it
had 4,5 hours endurance, good weaponry - one 7,62 mm and three 12,7 machine guns -
and an armored pilot's seat. It was so much better than the Fokker that it was in another category. If we had had Brewsters during the Winter War, the Russians would have been unable to fly over Finland. It was also a "gentleman's traveling plane", for it had a roomy cockpit and room in the fuselage, as we used to say, for a poker gang. We
unofficially transported mechanics, spare parts, oil canisters etc. in our Brewsters. Once, though two pilots went a little too far - a flight sergeant was flying, and in the fuselage was a second lieutenant, his friend, his dog and a lot of baggage. Upon landing the plane went off the runway and the suitcase came out. Both pilots were punished. Humorously, the lieutenant's sentence started with:"As the commander of the crew of a single-seat fighter.."

... why not ?

[This message has been edited by janneh (edited 01-13-2000).]

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2000, 06:54:00 AM »
I think HTC needs to model beer (for the Brewster to carry, thereby justifying its existance).  

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2000, 07:14:00 AM »
I say go for the BW!  

It's pretty agile alright.  It could outturn the Hurricane and was faster, so it is a good plane for the early war plane set.  

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"