Author Topic: Save Skin question  (Read 757 times)

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Save Skin question
« on: June 23, 2004, 04:56:07 PM »
While in AH you can right click and save the skin of an aircraft. My question is, why is it when you save a custom skin, all you get is the default pain job?

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Save Skin question
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 04:59:01 PM »
the default save skin is the default skin.  there is no way to say other skins.  I'd guess HTC doesn't want you to copy other peoples work.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline alison

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Save Skin question
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 04:43:05 PM »
Ok I have a question too, I went to the skin dept and downloaded some skins, I did what pyro said on the install skin page, but after I download them and do the directory thing they dont work, what am I doing wrong?
I really want that pink spit skin :)

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Save Skin question
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 05:20:26 PM »
Try this:
When you click download, open it instead of saving it. When the zip files are open, create a file in you AH "Skins" folder as (whatever spit model it is then add the number 2) spit2. THEN export the two skins (wing and fuselage) to the new file.

When you enter AH OFFLINE, go to the hanger and select the spit model you are looking for then select (up where it says Default) the skin.

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Save Skin question
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 06:21:54 PM »
You've also got to look at the other dowloaded .RES files and add one integer. For example, if you see "planetype3.res" and you wanna make a skin for it, rename the folder to "planetype4" and put your art into it. Don't forget the TXT file either or it wont work. Also the files MUST be an 8-bit bitmap or again it wont work.

Offline alison

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Save Skin question
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 04:29:38 PM »
What skins I do have is from the opn beta, i have some p51 skins and a b17 skin, they're all res files, I tried doing the open thing instead of downloading them, but they're still bmp files, and they still don't york, and I still want the pink barbie skin of when I fly offline LOL