Author Topic: HT suffered this video problem while filming.  (Read 321 times)

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
HT suffered this video problem while filming.
« on: June 23, 2004, 06:18:43 PM »
Referring to this possible memory bleed everybodys jumping about.

I was filming at the time and this is the first time i have suffered this problem.

Normally i never film so 1st question is, was everybody suffering this filming at the time ?

512 textures, 4AA and 4 AF, Radeon 9800 pro 128mb using omega 4.6 drivers.

Vidmem available was 121.8mb
At start up it was using 110 mb but slowly increased over a couple of hours to a max of 121.7mb just 0.1mb below the max.

It seemed to be ok at this point for a long time, then suddenly my fps dropped below 10 never seen it below 30 fps before in any circumstances.
Then noticed text buffer was totally empty.
Pulled up map clicked E6B and the fly out window was blank, next map page went blank.

Noticed that every time i got anywhere near a con in my sights the fps was freeze framing at 2 to 3 fps change view and it would jump back to the 30's again.
Also if a plane i was viewing while the fps was real low, was killed the fps would jump back up again.

Anyway i have all this on film unfortunately though it does not show the Ctrl I data or the text buffer and map views etc.

What it shows me when attacking a zeke approximately half way through when the fps was 2 to 3 is using the trail view the zeke freezes.

If you can extract anything useful from it i can put the film on my web space or email.

Btw it never actually CTD on me, i was bounced while lining up the home runway at 3 fps.

Offline Hyrax81st

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 08:34:57 PM »
The MOTD screen when first entering the MA suggested reducing the texture size if mem leak continued to grow... I have 9800 XT card with 256MB on board and full detail sliders and 512 texture setting. I started off with 78MB or so and it crept up to 95MB used before I decided to set textures to 256 and reloac plane cache. While FPS went to 3 while doing that, once it was done, my memory used on the 9800 dropped all the way down to 37MB. It still crept up over time, but it looks like it would take a lot longer to get the white screens and empty text box again...

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 07:40:38 AM »
Yes i know the MOTD suggestion.
However i have been playing ever since AH 2 went live and never suffered this before using 512 textures etc.
My vid card has always run showing 121mb used and available, the used is usually 0.1 below available and its never been a problem until today.

Only things i can recall being different are, flight before i landed 7 kills and i had the film recorder running.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 08:47:26 AM »
Logged in last night and noted that 117M was available and the used was much less.

Played for about an hour when I started to realize that framerates were declining and the video became very jerky at times. Especially around fields that had a lot of GVs on the airfield.

Not to long after that, I lost my text buffer display. At this point, the Vid Mem avail was 92.5 (down from 117 ... this I don't understand) and the used was 92.3. Rather than wait for the CTD, I quit and came back in. At this point, I would have thought that the avail mem would have bee 117 again, but instead, it was still 92.5

I am using an ATI Radeon 9500 128M onboard. My sound acceleration has always been turned down to 3/4. AA is 4X and AF is at the lowest setting. Vsync is "always on".
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Don't blame it on the "flicks"
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 12:34:55 PM »
Problem has been present and irrespective of filming.
-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)