Author Topic: Calibrated in AH2, now stick is insane...  (Read 233 times)

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
Calibrated in AH2, now stick is insane...
« on: June 25, 2004, 08:17:27 AM »
Hi All:

Have a Wingman Extreme 3D twisty stick. Worked OK in AH1, continues to do so. Worked OK the first time I went up in AH2, but after I calibrated it in AH2, I can no longer get full throttle, spikes are so frequent the "auto takeoff" message disappears almost immediately, and I then get "don't move your controls so rapidly" as soon as I touch them. It all finishes with an enormous spike and my aircraft flipping over. Every time.

I've calibrated in Windows, installed the latest Logitech drivers, etc. No go. As I say, works fine in AH1.

Any suggestions other than "buy a new stick"?

Cheers,

Scherf
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 08:36:12 AM »
Just do a search for past post on wingman, you won't like what you see, hope it's not out of warranty.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 12:04:10 PM »
short cal it ...

as in set throttle about a 1/4er from off position and dont go all the way up when caling in ah

same thing with the x and y axis (stick)
the rudder is the pain cause it need the full spread .

reajust deadband and dampaning .

this might get u buy for awhile but its newstick time .

if your caling  every time just to fly then the sticks dead .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline lemo1952

• Zinc Member
Logitech Wingman
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 12:43:05 AM »
Your problem is most likely dirty pots.  I had the same problem with two of these sticks.

To fix it, take it apart and shoot the pots with contact cleaner.  Use it sparingly or it will wash down the spring tensioner under the nylon gimbal causing the stick to "creak".  I had to take the stick all the way apart to solve the latter issue.