Author Topic: Your Favorite Movie Quotes  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Your Favorite Movie Quotes
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2004, 10:56:40 PM »
Originally posted by xrtoronto
Dr. Melfi: "Mr. Soprano, maybe you should have a prostate examination."

Tony: "Hey! I don't even let anyone wave their finger in my face."

Another good one. after being asked if his wife ever performs oral sex on him:

"Hey, she kisses my kids with that mouth!"
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2004, 10:57:26 PM »
This aint from a movie, but...

Sopranos

Adriana: You were saying she’s got a nice ass!

Christopher: I was trying to say something positive because she is your friend.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2004, 11:49:27 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
A line I have probably most quoted: "game over man, game over".

My favorite is from the same guy

Ripley: "Look, this 11 year old girl has survived here for 6 months without any weapons."

Soldier: " Well f**kin aye man, put her in charge!"
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2004, 12:38:49 AM »
Zorg: Tell you what I do like though. A killer. A dyed in the wool killer! Cold-blooded, clean, methodical and thorough. Now a real killer, when he picked up the ZF1, would have immediately asked about the little red button on the bottom of the gun."

Rooster Cogburn: "I never shot nobody I didn't have to."

Rooster Cogburn: "If you're looking for trouble, I'll accomodate you. Otherwise, leave it alone."

SECOND BROTHER: "And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that with it thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits"

mp3 ....
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2004, 02:42:28 AM »
The Quiet Man--"Here you are sir, here's a good stick to beat the lovely lady"
:D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 08:40:07 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2004, 05:04:39 AM »
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in the rain... Time to die."

Bladerunner.

"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it"

Crimson Tide

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2004, 06:33:40 AM »
Slim Pickens as Maj. T.J. "King" Kong:
Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one .45 caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing: antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair a nylon stockings. Shoot, a fellah could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

Slim Pickens as Major T. J. "King" Kong:
Well boys, we got three engines out, we got more holes in us than a horse trader's mule, the radio is gone and we're leaking fuel and if we was flying any lower why we'd need sleigh bells on this thing... but we got one little budge on those Roosskies. At this height why they might harpoon us but they dang sure ain't gonna spot us on no radar screen!

George C. Scott as General "Buck" Turgidson:
If the pilot's good, I mean if he's reeeally sharp, he can barrel that thing in so low, oh it's a sight to see. You wouldn't expect it with a big ol' plane like a '52, but varrrooom! The jet exhaust... frying chickens in the barnyard!

and of course...

Peter Sellars as President Merkin Muffley:
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!

Heck, the whole movie is a classic quote from start to finish!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 06:36:23 AM by rpm »
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2004, 07:57:53 AM »
"Well, Well, Well...if it isn't fat stinking Billy Goat, Billy Boil in poison.  How art thou, you stinking pile of filthy chip oil?  Come and get one in the yarbols, if you have any yarbols...oh enuch jelly thou."

- Alex, A Clockwork Orange

"My brother and me used to say that drowning in beer would be like Heaven, eh.  But now, he's not here, I've got two soakers....this isn't heaven...this SUCKS."

- One of the brothers in Strange Brew

"Ohhh he said the meek...blessed are the meek.  I'm glad the're getting something, they 'ave a 'elluva time."

Old Lady at the Sermon on the Mount,

Life of Brian
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2004, 09:03:45 AM »
Originally posted by ravells
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in the rain... Time to die."

Bladerunner.

Great quote! :)

I also love:

Lt Doolittle: "What is your one purpose in life?"
Bomb #20: "Why, to explode of course"

NEXX

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2004, 09:05:16 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
"I'm calmer than you are"-

"You are entering a world of pain, mark it ****ing ZERO!!!"-Walter

My favorite movie.:aok

"ya, but he's a pervert dude"- Walter

"you want a toe?  I can get you a toe, believe it, there are ways, Dude.  you don't want to know about it, believe it.  hell I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon, with nail-polish.

fluff'n armatures.  they send us a toe, we're supposed to ***** ourselves with fear."- Walter

"Everything's a travesty with you Walter"- The Dude

it's got to be one of the best, most underrated films out there.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 09:07:38 AM by capt. apathy »

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2004, 09:37:01 AM »
"my hovercraffffft iz foool ov eeells"

-one of the monty pyton movies :D

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2004, 10:44:23 AM »
Originally posted by Replicant
Great quote! :)

You would say that!

:)

Ravs

storch

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2004, 11:13:25 AM »
"I think of man, then I take away reason and accountability. A woman"

Jack Nicholson in "As good as it gets"

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2004, 11:16:48 AM »
"Fill your hand you son of a *****!"

John Wayne - True Grit

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2004, 11:53:49 AM »
RPM, These are some of my favorite Strangelove’s

General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you recall what Clemenceau once said about war?
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No, I don't think I do, sir, no.
General Jack D. Ripper: He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids…
____

General Turgenson's phone rings in the war room
General "Buck" Turgidson: Hello... (whispering)look, I told you never to call me here, don't you know where I am?... Well look, baby, I c-, I *can't* talk to you now... my president needs me!... Of *course* Bucky'd rather be there with you!... Of *course* it isn't only physical!... I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!... Ah, listen uh, you just go back to sleep hon, and Bucky'll be back there just as soon as he can... Alright... listen, sug, don't forget to say your prayers!

___

General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, were you ever a prisoner of war?
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Well, yes Jack as a matter of fact I was.
General Jack D. Ripper: Did they torture you?
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Yes Jack, I was tortured by the Japanese, not a pretty story.
General Jack D. Ripper: Well, what happened?
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Well, they got me on the old Rangoon railway in '42. I was laying mines for the bloody Japanese pop-pops.
General Jack D. Ripper: No, I mean when they tortured you did you talk?
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Talk? No, I don't think they wanted me to talk. Torture was just their way of having a good time on the old POW. Brutes, but the trouble is now they make such good bloody cameras.

Too many to list. More can be found at: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JKCZ/002-0668305-3893647?v=glance&vi=quotes-trivia

I’m also somewhat partial to Repo Man

Debbi: Duke, let's go do some crimes.
Duke: Yeah! Let's go get sushi and not pay.
___

Duke: The lights are growing dim Otto. I know a life of crime has led me to this sorry fate, and yet, I blame society. Society made me what I am.
Otto: That's bull****. You're a white suburban punk just like me.
Duke: Yeah, but it still hurts.
___

Miller: A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconsciousness.
Otto: You eat a lot of acid, Miller, back in the hippie days?

Oddly enough, when I was pasting this I noticed a minimized popup on the bar from my surfing, and when I opened it showed… A plate of Shrimp! LOL. Not kidding :)

Charon
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 11:55:50 AM by Charon »